starting strength gym
Page 11 of 54 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Commentary #6: Global Warming

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Barry Charles View Post
    I think that carbon economy or carbon credits refer to carbon dioxide, CO2.

However, CO2 is a bad measure for determing acceptable human behavior. It’s based on the primitive thought that as CO2 goes up temperature goes up.

The irony is that 100% of food comes from CO2. So CO2 from somewhere is required in order to eat. “ Thus, driving an electric car produces no food. And the situation gets worse if the electricity comes from renewables.”
    But this cannot be understood by innumerate, selfish, self-absorbed, scientifically-illiterate children who insist that "I want candy!!!" For example:

Carbon Dioxide Pipelines | Sierra Club

Iowa has three carbon dioxide (CO2) pipeline proposals. They are centered around Carbon Capture and Storage (CCS). The lines would carry captured carbon dioxide from ethanol plants. CCS is very complicated but when you boil it down, the basic premise is that it captures the carbon dioxide and stores it underground (CCS) or it captures the carbon dioxide and uses it for industrial purposes, Carbon Capture Utilization and Storage (CCUS).

Summit, Navigator, and Wolf pipelines claim that they are going to permanently store the CO2 underground.

The three pipelines in Iowa are being offered as false climate solutions. We already know the solutions to our climate crisis - we must end our dependence on fossil fuels and invest in solar, wind, battery storage, conservation and efficiency!
    And this precious gem:

In the examples of the 3 proposed carbon pipelines in Iowa, CCS is a false solution that takes us farther away from our climate goals. These pipelines continue business as usual, will only be feasible with massive public subsidies, and should not be approved. Let’s invest in REAL climate solutions.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    What is a "sodomy flag"? And why is your sister married to him?
    It ain't a Gadsden Flag, I'll tell you that.

He's my wife's brother; and his wife is precisely the kind of person who would marry him.

That's unfortunate. Families sometimes are.

I think that carbon economy or carbon credits refer to carbon dioxide, CO2.

However, CO2 is a bad measure for determing acceptable human behavior. It’s based on the primitive thought that as CO2 goes up temperature goes up.

The irony is that 100% of food comes from CO2. So CO2 from somewhere is required in order to eat. “ Thus, driving an electric car produces no food. And the situation gets worse if the electricity comes from renewables.”
    Furthermore, higher CO2 produces more food quicker. Indeed, plants respond exuberantly to the increase in their food supply and thrive strikingly.

That only makes it more useful as a new currency. Imagine a central bank digital currency. That is tied to carbon usage.

Something like this [URL=https://www.commbank.com.au/articles/newsroom/2021/10/CBA-launches-carbon-tracking-feature.html[/URL] except it's mandatory and controls your money.

Quote Originally Posted by Subby View Post
    That only makes it more useful as a new currency. Imagine a central bank digital currency. That is tied to carbon usage.

Something like this [URL=https://www.commbank.com.au/articles/newsroom/2021/10/CBA-launches-carbon-tracking-feature.html[/URL] except it's mandatory and controls your money.
    If you eat an ear of corn, drenched in butter, and a liberal sprinkle of dried red chili, are you taking out a carbon loan or do you get credit for consuming some of John Kerry’s last Continental private jet trip?

Quote Originally Posted by Satch12879 View Post
    sodomy flag
    lol.

I think the rainbow flags are stupid as well, and for that matter pretty much all of these "flags" where people feel obligated to broadcast or signal their ideologies/views/virtues.
    (no step on snAk).

But "sodomy" my man? Can we change your user name to 'homophobe'?

Sodomy Definition & Meaning - Merriam-Webster

sodomy
    noun
    sod·​omy ˈsä-də-mē
    : anal or oral copulation with another person
    especially : anal or oral copulation with a member of the same sex
    : copulation with an animal
    sodomitic
    ˌsä-də-ˈmi-tik
    adjective
    or sodomitical

Quote Originally Posted by Farmer View Post
    lol.

I think the rainbow flags are stupid as well, and for that matter pretty much all of these "flags" where people feel obligated to broadcast or signal their ideologies/views/virtues.
    (no step on snAk).

But "sodomy" my man? Can we change your user name to 'homophobe'?

Sodomy Definition & Meaning - Merriam-Webster
    Now, define "homophobe."

I find it interesting when Elon musk says electric cars will save the planet, the left worships him. When he buys a company for the explicit purpose of truth and freedom of speech, the left shits on him.

Other than the left being unbelievably gullible, this is very telling as to basic values.

starting strength coach development program
    I find it interesting when Elon musk says electric cars will save the planet, the left worships him. When he buys a company for the explicit purpose of truth and freedom of speech, the left shits on him.

Other than the left being unbelievably gullible, this is very telling as to basic values.
    Leftists are acutely aware that applied logic, reason, and the distillation of factual data are their undoing. It's why they want you to question basic prima facie observations about reality. If they can convince you to argue about whether or not a male can be a female, they can get you to question anything.

Page 11 of 54 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast