starting strength gym
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sarcopenia

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by FrankNJ View Post
    In all seriousness, these are exactly the type of articles and jobs (people who write this stuff) that will replaced by AI. There are millions of these articles on the internet which are basically a rehash of rehashed content.
    Well, I am in the OF category and it is good to see that some attention is given to the health the old folk that is not about sending them down to the club to play bingo. AI eh!, you know what that means Frank don't you? "Augmented Idiocy" and that is about the sum total of the internet. Of course there some places that go against the trend.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Vince, you are doubting Frank's very existence. This is troubling.
    Stability without substance. Like those ring frisbees without a center.

Vince, you are doubting Frank's very existence. This is troubling.
    "phobic", even...

Quote Originally Posted by VNV View Post
    There is no AI. There is only auto-complete.
    Auto-complete will not replace anything, though it might reveal certain jobs as superfluous - the “BS” jobs you mentioned above.
    Not sure what you mean by "There is no AI", but an AI should be able to generate an article just from a title. It gos like this; A human or another AI determines a market demand for certain content. It then generates a question or a title such as; "Am I too old to build muscle? What does science say about sarcopenia and building strength later in life?" A Chat GPT type-tool then answers the question and creates an article based on content from other existing articles on the internet (what has worked before). This is actually no different than how B-movies were generated in the 1960s. Movie marketeers would first create a movie poster that was likely to meet a market demand. As an example, a marketeer creates a movie poster titled "Some girls want action!" featuring a hot looking woman in a bikini holding a submachine gun. The marketeer then gives the poster to a low grade producer to create a crappy film around the poster. It's the same concept. Nothing changes, just the tools get more efficient.

Actual ChatGPT response to: "Am I too old to build muscle? What science does says about sarcopenia and building strength later in life?"

"No, you are not too old to build muscle. Research shows that strength training and exercise can be highly beneficial for building muscle and improving strength even in older adults affected by sarcopenia.

Sarcopenia is the age-related loss of muscle mass and strength, which typically begins around the age of 30 and accelerates after the age of 60. However, studies have consistently demonstrated that older adults can still experience significant gains in muscle mass and strength through resistance training programs.

Strength training exercises that target major muscle groups, such as weightlifting or using resistance bands, are effective in promoting muscle growth and improving strength. It is important to consult with a healthcare professional or a qualified trainer to develop a safe and appropriate exercise routine tailored to your specific needs and abilities.

Proper nutrition, including sufficient protein intake, is also important for muscle building and repair. A well-rounded approach that combines regular strength training, adequate nutrition, and overall healthy lifestyle habits can help mitigate the effects of sarcopenia and support muscle development in older adults.

While it may take longer to build muscle compared to when you were younger, with consistent effort and a well-designed exercise program, it is certainly possible to make progress and improve muscle strength at any age."

I guess the AI doesn't understand that it's digging a hole for itself. This is no longer either productive or interesting.

...It gos like this;...
    I guess the AI doesn't understand that it's digging a hole for itself. This is no longer either productive or interesting.
    AI or otherwise, consciously or otherwise, looks like Frank has adapted to your earlier typo comment, Rip.

... It gos like this;...
    Autocomplete fail, reveals Frank.

This solitary blemish is like the singular error Van Cliburn made in an otherwise virtuosic concert I attended decades ago at San Diego bay. I thought at the time that it revealed his humanity, which would have otherwise been obscured by machine-like execution (expressive, but perfect). The guy standing next to me overheard, and used the line on his date to impress. Hey hey. (Did not anticipate a second life for that one 30 years later.)

Even B movies have souls, ask Musser.

Even Cernovich was going on the other day about middle age people needing to scale back the intensity. Tendon injuries dontcha know.

Fortunately I’m weak enough where I have no room to scale back the intensity so I guess I’ll just try to keep moving forward for now.

Some older guy new to starting strength asked Rip a while back on a call about what would be “reasonable” goals for him. I take Rip’s response to heart - don’t think that way, “be a monster.”

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by VNV View Post
    Autocomplete fail, reveals Frank.

This solitary blemish is like the singular error Van Cliburn made in an otherwise virtuosic concert I attended decades ago at San Diego bay. I thought at the time that it revealed his humanity, which would have otherwise been obscured by machine-like execution (expressive, but perfect). The guy standing next to me overheard, and used the line on his date to impress. Hey hey. (Did not anticipate a second life for that one 30 years later.)

Even B movies have souls, ask Musser.
    I guess a lot of people have too much time on their hands.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12