starting strength gym

Thread: Bulk,cut or recomp?

Default Bulk,cut or recomp?

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    I'm an intermediate lifter training for strongman. My stats are 6'1 210 22% bodyfat and my deadlift max is 445 and my press max is 185. I'd like to be much heavier but I've seen a recommendation of 15-20% bodyfat so I'm not sure what to do.

You are not an intermediate lifter with these numbers. You cannot possibly be finished with your novice progression, and I seriously doubt you're at 22%.

I'd definitely be willing to take another run at my novice lp. I ran it out in the past but was training martial arts pretty heavily at the time limiting my recovery. I'm unable to bench press even inclined or close grip without pain due to shoulder dislocations since my initial lp so would inserting a light press day every other workout or just press every workout? Thanks coach

Quote Originally Posted by DDH2026 View Post
    I'd definitely be willing to take another run at my novice lp. I ran it out in the past but was training martial arts pretty heavily at the time limiting my recovery. I'm unable to bench press even inclined or close grip without pain due to shoulder dislocations since my initial lp so would inserting a light press day every other workout or just press every workout? Thanks coach
    Boy, how old are you? You've got to be under age 19 with that attitude. You are not a "strong man" competitor. You're not a "strong man." You're not even a "strong woman." You're not strong. That's your problem. I say this out of compassion and respect for your time, not to be a prick.

Stop fucking around with martial arts. Stop fucking around with your bodyfat percentage. Learn some basic nutrition information and go do the proper novice linear progression only. No martial arts; no weekend basketball; no fucking flag football; no more wasting time.

You may need an intermediate program to do it, but you're going to need to get your press up to 225 and the rest of your lifts up to corresponding levels in order to gracefully lose any strong man contest you enter. So just get strong. This is not an invitation to get fat, however. While learning how to lift, you should probably learn how to cook. That can serve your needs almost as well.

Just go buy the book; read the book and do a proper novice linear progression. Good luck my young, fat, weak friend.