starting strength gym
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Robert Novitsky: Why do you lift weights?

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Donaldson View Post
    It's probably a semantic disagreement - I'd say what you aptly point out is why I'd call them parallel, and not essentially the same. The nature of the factor preventing strength gains is different, but the effects and the approach to manage those effects are similar. Likewise with, say, someone whose athletic or occupational demands interfere with recovery.
    For most elderly trainees, I agree. It’s planned training, but attenuated. I just wanted to distinguish the “maintenance” that a weight cutter performs from the “maintenance” that Rip describes for old, beat-up people.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Schexnayder View Post
    So what is a lifter to do if he is to continue to properly strength train but also wants to maintain his bodyweight in the 15 - 20% range? I say that range specifically because it's not about visible abs but keeping enough fat for healthy recovery but also at a manageable level (which may also happen to be aesthetically pleasing).
    My interpretation is that you won’t be strength training properly while cutting. So what? Get the cut done and get back to strength training. I’m not sure where the idea of perpetually staying in a state of progressing your lifts comes from, but you can take some time off to get your shit together and get back at it. Marty Gallagher talks about that a lot, after a hard training cycle taking a month or two off then getting back at it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Longley View Post
    Women have decided if they’re gonna play your skin flute way before you’ve got naked and shown off your body.
    Can confirm. We've decided if the panties are coming off before we accepted the date. Your only job on the date is to make sure they don't get snatched up and possibly (depending on the woman) allow us to save face by pretending we hadn't decided. Cuz you know, that'd be slutty.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Longley View Post
    What is this obsession with aesthetics and women? It’s really gay. When I was chubby (before lifting) I got pussy. When I was skinny I got pussy. .
    It’s easy to get laid, if getting laid is all you care about.
    But finding a quality partner in life? Not so easy.

starting strength coach development program
    Really, Mary? I had never even thought about that. Thanks.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234