starting strength gym
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Filming a Q&A soon! Need Questions for Rip.

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Too late for the podcast, but I do have a question - I will often repurpose dirty laundry and my GF thinks it's gross, but I think it's efficient. For instance, instead of using a tissue, I'll just blow my nose in a dirty t-shirt. Or if there's a spill on the floor, instead of using paper towels or a clean towel, I'll just throw down a pair of boxers from the hamper. It's all getting washed anyway.

What say Rip, gross, or resourceful?

Bored, I think you’re bored, Ryan.

Quote Originally Posted by Satch12879 View Post
    Bored, I think you’re bored, Ryan.
    I had the flu and was in been in bed for 3 days, you are absolutely right!

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan DCNT View Post
    Too late for the podcast, but I do have a question - I will often repurpose dirty laundry and my GF thinks it's gross, but I think it's efficient.
    I think between the dog food and the toilet bowl you should give your girlfriend the sorely needed win on this one.

I think an interesting topic for the podcast would be overcoming fears. Not intangible things like fear of the unknown or fear of abandonment, but things like phobias or other fears that might hinder living a full life.

For instance, I've always been terrified of heights. It's made engaging in things like riding roller coasters or even enjoying water parks with my family rather difficult. Most recently I missed out on ziplining in the Smokies. What's the best way to overcome fears like this?

I think this could tie in to the mental and psychological aspects of barbell training quite nicely. How do we finish all the different 5th reps in our day to day lives?

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric Schexnayder View Post
    I think an interesting topic for the podcast would be overcoming fears. Not intangible things like fear of the unknown or fear of abandonment, but things like phobias or other fears that might hinder living a full life.

For instance, I've always been terrified of heights. It's made engaging in things like riding roller coasters or even enjoying water parks with my family rather difficult. Most recently I missed out on ziplining in the Smokies. What's the best way to overcome fears like this?

I think this could tie in to the mental and psychological aspects of barbell training quite nicely. How do we finish all the different 5th reps in our day to day lives?
    This may apply here:

I used to be terrified of wasps after a rather unpleasant experience in early childhood. Would run away from the breakfast table in in fear.
    Some time after puberty and having some meditation experience, I started to instinctively apply ‚progressive overload‘ if you will. i.e. focussing on calm breath and remaining at the table for as long as I could - always leaving calmly before fight/flight would kick in.
    Summer by summer this time has gotten longer and now a wasp will have to want to crawl up my nose before I start using four letter words.

This could probably be sped up significantly by getting a waterpark membership and going every week.
    Or climbing up a ladder to your roof one more step each day until you can comfortably sit up there and work on your tan.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12