starting strength gym

Thread: The contemporary Texas Kitchen: Frito Chili Pie

Default The contemporary Texas Kitchen: Frito Chili Pie

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024

In deer camp that's called cornbread pie. But there's no fritos, just cornbread batter...

Never mind... it's no where near the same thing.

First had this on a campout as a boy. It's a family favorite--everyone will be highly pleased to see it endorsed by Coach Rippetoe's Texas Kitchen!

While not the classic version, a big bowl of chili with cheese and sour cream eaten with Frito’s scoops is always a treat too.

Slightly off topic: If Coach Rip is looking for cooking ideas for the Contemporary Texas Kitchen (& Smoke Pit) series, I posit recipes/steps for smoking brisket, pork shoulder, fowl, etc.; assuming filming outside is not too burdensome (at least it's cooler in N TX now). I estimate there is healthy demand for this from the SS Network members and that the World Renowned Coach Rip has valuable knowledge and wisdom to share on this topic.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Manhattan View Post
    Slightly off topic: If Coach Rip is looking for cooking ideas for the Contemporary Texas Kitchen (& Smoke Pit) series, I posit recipes/steps for smoking brisket, pork shoulder, fowl, etc.; assuming filming outside is not too burdensome (at least it's cooler in N TX now). I estimate there is healthy demand for this from the SS Network members and that the World Renowned Coach Rip has valuable knowledge and wisdom to share on this topic.
    Already in the works.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Some say we will have truly crossed over the singularity at the moment that AI develops a remarkable technology that human’s haven’t yet even considered.

I say that historians will judge it to have occurred when a critical mass of fellow travelers discover the secret of Frito Chili Pie. I have been so moved to make this that I will wait until I can locate some Wolf’s Chili. I choose not to substitute the Cattle Drive Gold in my pantry purchased at Costco. I also accept that Gordon Ramsay would substitute not Doritos but Triscuits.

I will substitute neither. I am pure.

starting strength coach development program
    The local grocery store surprised me by carrying Wolf - both generations in our household have now been introduced to this fine culinary delight. To channel my Southern upbringing, it is some kinda good. Thanks, Rip.