starting strength gym
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Guitar players

• starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    • starting strength seminar february 2025
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    You apparently don't know anything about the guitar or shredding.
    I own several guitars and use to play in metal bands in the 90's.

Did you even fucking listen to the solo?

I did.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.T View Post
    I own several guitars and use to play in metal bands in the 90's.

Did you even fucking listen to the solo?
    I couldn’t make it to the solo. Didn’t hear anything that interested me. Sorry.

Jimi Hendrix was considered the best by all the English so called best guitar players. Eric Clapton wanted to quit playing after Hendrix outplayed him on stage with the song Killing Floor. Clapton had never heard of Hendrix and let him on the same stage
    and thought Hendrix was a nothing. Here is an interview
    When Eric Clapton met Jimi Hendrix - YouTube
    but the problem is that unless you know who all the people talking are you won't know what to believe. I do know that the last guy talking was Chas Chandler, the former bassist of the Animals who
    had a bunch of hit records including House of the Rising Sun that went to #1 in the 1960s. The older English guys are from the band Cream - Ginger Baker and then Jack Bruce. But unless you're from my generation you probably won't know them. Go do
    some research and see if I'm right.

For me Hendrix is by far number one. I heard him before I had ever seen him and couldn't believe all the tricks he was doing on stage that you can see in the videos of him. Since none of us including me can go back and be at the Fillmore East to re-experience
    it you can believe me or not. But I was there. I have memories. He was the most incredible performer I ever saw and heard.

Hendrix thought that Terry Kath of the band Chicago Transit Authority was better than him if you can believe Walt Parazaider. It's on the liner notes of the Chicago Transity Authority CD by Rhino reissued in 2002 I have and here
    Terry Kath: the rock guitarist 'better' than Hendrix | CNN

Did Hendrix say that? We can't build a time machine to go back and check. He was a very humble guitarist and from different interviews I have seen including one with Dick Cavett which you can search if you want, you will get
    a sense of how humble he could be. So I could believe Parazaider that Hendrix said that.

Terry Kath should be a household name but he was much better at playing the guitar than with guns.

Prince was a pretty incredible guitarist. Ever see his (allegedly impromptu) performance of While my Guitar Gently Weeps at George Harrison’s tribute concert?

Terry Kath and Duane Allman are (were) the best rock and roll guitarists. There are some blues guys (Hubert Sumlin, Buddy Guy, Mike Bloomfield) that were crazy good, I just am not well versed in that genre.

Warren Haynes is about 10x the guitarist that Duane was.

At a concert the opening act for Joe Bonamassa was Kenny Wayne Shepard. Joe came out and said Kenny Wayne made him feel like an amateur. Duane once said of the Allman band, "I'm the famous one Dickey is the good one." Just saw the Allman Betts Revival show. Betts son Duane is amazing.

Me either.

starting strength coach development program
    I’ve always felt Hendrix is overrated in the context of ‘Best guitar player’. Bonamassa Is by far the greatest guitar player I have ever seen live. Kingfish Ingrahm is really good as well.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast