starting strength gym

Thread: Deadlifts in Texas method for early intermediate

Default Deadlifts in Texas method for early intermediate

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Mark

After almost five months on SS novice program my progress ground to a halt about a month ago, I stalled several times, & I switched to the Texas method outlined in PP. Progress has picked up again and it has been very cool to alternate 5x5, light, and 1-3 RMs - Personal best 2RM press today at 135! Never lifted bar and two big plates overhead - very satisfying. Next week I go for my 1RM best benchpress at 225, another psychological landmark.

Now about Deadlifts - instead of every fourth workout as in novice, I now do them weekly and am still adding 5 lbs a week and keeping to linear progress - though my Deadlifts are getting very hard: 315x5 planned this Sun. I would like to work in 1 or 2 RM days -partially to avoid getting beat up.

My question: Should I stick with linear progress for now 5 lbs a week, or switch to alternating a five rep workout one week with a 1-2 RM workout the next - trying for a 10 lb jump every other week? My five pound a week feels like it may stall soon, and alternating seems like the next move.

BTW - I will see you at the Connecticut Barbell Cert in late March.

Thanks,
    JY

If a program is working, keep doing it until it quits working. You may, after all, be wrong about when it will stop. See you in CT.

I looked on the Crossfit site, and googled it, but didn't see a listing for CT in March. Is it open to all? I'm in CT and would love to be there.

It's not up yet, but it will be soon. Milford. March 28-29. Be there. Aloha.