starting strength gym
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Colonoscopy

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Barry Charles View Post
    Untreated or late treated colon cancer is almost 100% fatal. Early detection is 90%+ survivable.
    That sounds like a doctor's sales pitch, and does not provide enough information to determine whether a colonoscopy is a good idea for most people.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    And what is the incidence rate of colon cancer in the absence of symptoms at the age of 74?
    I donít know.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Donaldson View Post
    Of course, this product is limited to the 48 contiguous States, so I'm afraid none for you all down under, Wal.
    Federal Government here has a voluntary test every two years.

https://www.health.gov.au/our-work/n...eening-program

Believe me you do not want to walk around with a colostomy bag.

That is why I am confused about what to do. I mistakenly told my GF about the results and she is pestering my to call to get the coloniscopy. My son who is 50 and has Chrons disease gets one every 2 years. There is no history of any colon cancer in my family. I will probably go for peace of mind. I'll post back soon. Thanks for all the feedback.

Quote Originally Posted by wal View Post
    Believe me you do not want to walk around with a colostomy bag.
    Especially if the doctors are the ones who made the bag necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynJerry View Post
    That is why I am confused about what to do. I mistakenly told my GF about the results and she is pestering my to call to get the coloniscopy. My son who is 50 and has Chrons disease gets one every 2 years. There is no history of any colon cancer in my family. I will probably go for peace of mind. I'll post back soon. Thanks for all the feedback.
    Don't get confused. A colonoscopy means you swallow some bowel prep which cleans you out then they put a colonoscope up your rear end and check your colon and rectum and if they find any polyps they remove them. When you wake up they give you a drink and something to eat and you go home. I have been there three times, not that there was a history of bowel cancer, but my mum died of cancer at 55 which may have been bowel cancer or ovarian cancer because I did not really know the doctor advised me to have it done. I know a 43 year who has just recovered from bowel cancer as folk under 50 do not get screened here.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Especially if the doctors are the ones who made the bag necessary.
    Unfortunately Mark for some folk there is no where else for the shit to go if you have little or no bowel. Which reminds me have you ever been screened?

Back in the 80's, I had an experience with a gastroenterologist. A trip to Jamaica left me with a wicked case of the runs. The situation was bad enough that I went into get checked. The exam was a bit more than a sigmoidoscopy, going a bit farther into the colon. The doctor took a biopsy, and sent me back to work.

A short time after showing up at work I felt the urge to hit the head. I filled the toilet bowl with blood. A bit alarmed, I headed home where I passed another goodly amount of blood, and walking into the bedroom passed out on the floor. My bride was home at the time, and she called our family doc who graciously came out to our house and took me to hospital, had me admitted and had the biopsy site cauterized.

Long story short: shit can happen, even when people have the best of intentions.

Post radiation therapy for prostate cancer, ain't nobody going anywhere near my colon...

Quote Originally Posted by wal View Post
    Don't get confused. A colonoscopy means you swallow some bowel prep which cleans you out then they put a colonoscope up your rear end and check your colon and rectum and if they find any polyps they remove them. When you wake up they give you a drink and something to eat and you go home. I have been there three times, not that there was a history of bowel cancer, but my mum died of cancer at 55 which may have been bowel cancer or ovarian cancer because I did not really know the doctor advised me to have it done. I know a 43 year who has just recovered from bowel cancer as folk under 50 do not get screened here.

Unfortunately Mark for some folk there is no where else for the shit to go if you have little or no bowel. Which reminds me have you ever been screened?
    You are beginning to sound like a bad WHO rep.

Research the false positive rate of Cologuard. Also, research the rate of serious problems from colonoscopy procedures. I think most of you will be surprised at how high both are. I'm traveling and don't have the specifics anymore.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Jovan Dragisic View Post
    You are beginning to sound like a bad WHO rep.
    Would approve of this then Dr Jovan?

Computerised Tomographic Colonography - CTC

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast