starting strength gym
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Heavy bench day for OHP specialization

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    I don’t see your fluffy belly as a problem. The problem is in you messing around with the programming without any need for it. I got a belly at 5’8’’ and 235 or whatever, but I can bench 120 percent of my body weight and like close grip bench my body weight for set of five. I barely consider myself an intermediate.

Quote Originally Posted by Jovan Dragisic View Post
    I don’t see your fluffy belly as a problem. The problem is in you messing around with the programming without any need for it. I got a belly at 5’8’’ and 235 or whatever, but I can bench 120 percent of my body weight and like close grip bench my body weight for set of five. I barely consider myself an intermediate.
    Dont get me wrong, i dont get offended about fluffy belly 😆😆
    I was a dumbass messing with the program, but this week i'm doing again the NLP and follow the program corretly.

Congrats for the bench!! U must be proud!! Keep grinding man and thanks for the obvious advices!!

Do you still adding five pounds every workout on press and bench press? Or you are using micro loading?

Quote Originally Posted by Adriano Alves View Post
    But today i decide begin all the NLP again, this time following all detais prescribes in the blue book and gray book. I have a lot of muscle mass, but i have a fluffy belly too, but its a personal choose, i like being that way
    I read all the the tips of you guys posted and realize that i being stupid and dumb in not following the program corretly.

All i have to say is thank you for all the tips guys and when a finish all the novice phase, i will come back and tell my progress again!!
    Good man! I think I can speak for a lot of us that we're looking forward to hearing of great things from you, and perhaps sooner than you expect.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Donaldson View Post
    Good man! I think I can speak for a lot of us that we're looking forward to hearing of great things from you, and perhaps sooner than you expect.
    Thanks man!! I will keep post the gainzz here! Haha

Do you still adding five pounds every workout on press and bench press? Or you are using micro loading?
    I switched to micro plates a very long time ago. I add weight to the bench every month or so now. Sometimes I regress too.

I switched to micro plates a very long time ago. I add weight to the bench every month or so now. Sometimes I regress too.
    This means you already a intermediate in bench right?

I am now, but I started using the micro plates at about 90 kilos or so.

Microplates doth not an intermediate make.

starting strength coach development program
    If you're adding ten pounds every workout, you're a novice. If you're adding a half pound every workout, you're a novice.

Being a novice means being able to add more weight to the same sets and reps 48-72 hours later, and nothing else.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast