starting strength gym
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Boys in the Girls' Division

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Not sure this was your idea, Rip, but I loved your point about turning the men’s division into the open division. I’d love to hear them argue their way out of that.

It's interesting that two retired elite athletes, transgender Caitlyn Jenner and lesbian Martina Navratilova both are staunchly against allowing guys in women sports.

I am so glad I got out of coaching women's sports right at the time this was becoming an issue.

Jenner is not “transgender.” No one is transgender. A pedantic correction, but the whole Confucian “rectification of names” - making words correspond to reality - is important to restoring social order.

Men who claim to be 'transgender' have won nearly 300 titles in female sports - LifeSite

There are at least 12 examples in 2024 alone of female athletes losing out to men who claim they are women.

In 2022 and 2023, there were numerous other examples. Male athletes beat out women in sports where physical differences would clearly make a difference, including cross country running, track and field, and golf.

SheWon.org calculates that beyond titles, men have taken nearly 900 awards, scholarships, or other honors from female athletes across 428 competitions in 29 sports.

The website currently lists 297 stolen first place titles, 263 second place titles, and 250 third place titles.

This happens in Nadler’s home state, where a male runner has dominated collegiate track meets.

Quote Originally Posted by Steven Kalin View Post
    Not sure this was your idea, Rip, but I loved your point about turning the men’s division into the open division. I’d love to hear them argue their way out of that.
    If this gets bad enough, the governing authorities are going to have a short list of options. I think one they might choose is to just have weight and age divisions only. No "men's" division. No "women's" division. And that is not going to be good.
    Starting Strength Indianapolis is up and running. Sign up for a free 30-minute coaching session.
    I answer all my emails: ALewis@StartingStrengthGyms.com

The really funny thing is that the "governing authorities" can just say "No," and the problem is solved. But they lack the balls, and female athletes are just not important to them. They place the welfare of a very few mentally disturbed men over the entire female population who is interested in athletic competition, because they lack the balls to face criticism from Rachel Maddow et al.

For just a second, let us revisit the biological reality of sex: The average men's Standing Vertical Jump is 22" while the average female SVJ is 14". We're not keeping this a secret, and all people who are the parents of boys AND girls know this better than anybody. And the fact that sports sanctioning bodies have chosen politics over their actual useful function demands a response. This is truly shameful behavior, and they have no concern for the consequences to the people for whom the Women's Division was created, and why it was created. The only honorable thing for the IOC, for example, to do is to resign in disgrace and let the world return to normalcy.

Erich Fromm: "The fact that millions of people share the same vices does not make these vices virtues, the fact that they share so many errors does not make the errors to be truths, and the fact that millions of people share the same forms of mental pathology does not make these people sane.”

Default Here in Canada...

French Canadian boxer Katia Bissonette was an hour out from a championship fight put on by the Quebec Boxing Federation when she learned that she would be facing a man.

After a coach from another region tipped off Bissonnette’s coach about her opponent’s sex — the Quebec Boxing Federation never saw fit to inform her — she withdrew from the October fight for safety reasons.

The governing bodies for Canadian sports have led the way in erasing the boundaries between male and female competition, and now U.S. sporting organizations are following suit, placing American boxers in a dangerous situation like the one Bissonnette narrowly avoided.

“We are in an era where confusion reigns,” Bissonette said. “I believe the women’s sport just ate a jab directly to the back of the head. This is a big step backwards for women in combat sports.”

USA Boxing, a major governing body for Olympic-style, amateur boxing, announced last week that it would be officially adopting a “transgender policy” as part of its 2024 rule book which allows male athletes who identify as women to compete against females, with some constraints.

In order to qualify to compete against women, males must undergo gender-reassignment surgery and submit to blood testing for four years before competition to ensure their testosterone levels remain below 5 nmol/L, well above the average female level above 1.5 nmol/L.
    Female Boxers Sound Alarm on Men in Women’s Division: ‘You Could Die’ | National Review

JK Rowling is currently making the biological sex deniers look even more like the fools they are - she has some serious cajones (which is ironic)

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Jdcuth View Post
    JK Rowling is currently making the biological sex deniers look even more like the fools they are - she has some serious cajones (which is ironic)
    Rowling backs down from no one.

small college officials also stepped up

NAIA, small colleges association, approves ban on trans athletes from women's sports - CBS News

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12