starting strength gym
Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: thanks for the TRT push

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    1

    Thumbs up thanks for the TRT push

    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    I am just posting here to say thanks Mark for the male TRT information you have provided over the years, especially the interview with jay campbell. It has been life changing for me.

    I am 55 had all the usual symptoms into my 50's, and my body was getting weaker, finding exercise tougher, and so tending to get fatter.
    My wife is also on HRT and it was from seeing her go from premenopusal and all that that involves to normal again, which also got me motivated. As its still a niche service here too - forget about going to a GP, your podcasts were really helpful.

    I live in the UK and there are a couple of good national companies here, not going to name them, I chose the one which gave me the best intial service and the follow up has been great, good doctor.
    Two starting tests from different labs were the same, bottom of the current "range", and as you say the range has been shifted down with time.

    Prescription was scrotal cream. Easy. All I do is couple of pumps of cream, rub it on my balls morning and night and my follow up blood work shows me right at top of range. This is supplementation, just getting me normal.

    Everyone is different but I felt it from the very first day in mood and general outlook. Previously I was working against sluggishness with coffee and stubbornly carrying on.
    It did take time for my body to respond to the hormonal changes, after 6 months all systems go.

    I tried an experiment at first and stayed away from training, and my body composition visibly changed just with getting the testosterone.
    Now back training regularly, what do you know, everything feels easier.

    Life is good, thank you Mark.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by North69 View Post
    I am just posting here to say thanks Mark for the male TRT information you have provided over the years, especially the interview with jay campbell. It has been life changing for me.

    I am 55 had all the usual symptoms into my 50's, and my body was getting weaker, finding exercise tougher, and so tending to get fatter.
    My wife is also on HRT and it was from seeing her go from premenopusal and all that that involves to normal again, which also got me motivated. As its still a niche service here too - forget about going to a GP, your podcasts were really helpful.

    I live in the UK and there are a couple of good national companies here, not going to name them, I chose the one which gave me the best intial service and the follow up has been great, good doctor.
    Two starting tests from different labs were the same, bottom of the current "range", and as you say the range has been shifted down with time.

    Prescription was scrotal cream. Easy. All I do is couple of pumps of cream, rub it on my balls morning and night and my follow up blood work shows me right at top of range. This is supplementation, just getting me normal.

    Everyone is different but I felt it from the very first day in mood and general outlook. Previously I was working against sluggishness with coffee and stubbornly carrying on.
    It did take time for my body to respond to the hormonal changes, after 6 months all systems go.

    I tried an experiment at first and stayed away from training, and my body composition visibly changed just with getting the testosterone.
    Now back training regularly, what do you know, everything feels easier.

    Life is good, thank you Mark.
    Man, maybe I need to look into this. I don't know why I've put it off my entire adult life. I've struggled with insomnia, never have ANY energy and have ridden coffee hard just to stay awake throughout my career. I have gyno. I don't adapt to training like I think I should, not see the physical results I think I should. I finally got tested twice recently. First one came back at 322. Next at 287. I'm a 37 y.o. in otherwise "perfect" health. Count my macros. Train with weights 3-6x/wk. Heavy compound movements (SS) 3x/wk. Have a follow-up with a urologist next. Not sure why that's the specialist that was recommended, but... here we go.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2021
    Posts
    648

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by freeflowme View Post
    Man, maybe I need to look into this. I don't know why I've put it off my entire adult life. I've struggled with insomnia, never have ANY energy and have ridden coffee hard just to stay awake throughout my career. I have gyno. I don't adapt to training like I think I should, not see the physical results I think I should. I finally got tested twice recently. First one came back at 322. Next at 287. I'm a 37 y.o. in otherwise "perfect" health. Count my macros. Train with weights 3-6x/wk. Heavy compound movements (SS) 3x/wk. Have a follow-up with a urologist next. Not sure why that's the specialist that was recommended, but... here we go.
    Are you in the US?

  4. #4
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Donaldson View Post
    Are you in the US?
    Yes, sir.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    339

    Default

    Dr. Keith Nichols has truly worked wonders for me! I owe a debt of gratitude to Rip for featuring him on the podcast multiple times. With four pumps of scrotal cream and a daily 5mg of Cialis, I'm experiencing a rejuvenation that feels like I'm stepping back into my 20s. Ladies, brace yourselves, because Buddy is back in action!

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2021
    Posts
    648

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by freeflowme View Post
    Yes, sir.
    Good - I can personally recommend Wittmer Rejuvenation Clinic, then.

    Quote Originally Posted by freeflowme View Post
    Have a follow-up with a urologist next. Not sure why that's the specialist that was recommended, but... here we go.
    The reason your GP recommended a urologist is presumably because that's the pee-pee doctor, and hypogonadism deals with those parts...sort of. (It's really a hormonal issue, and hence an endocrinology matter, but hey, the checklist is the checklist, right? This is where Wittmer's approach really shines, because it's not flowchart-driven the way so many mainstream providers seem to be now.

    Quote Originally Posted by freeflowme View Post
    I don't adapt to training like I think I should, not see the physical results I think I should.
    ...
    I'm a 37 y.o. in otherwise "perfect" health. Count my macros. Train with weights 3-6x/wk. Heavy compound movements (SS) 3x/wk.
    Hold up...you're doing Starting Strength programming PLUS up to three more days a week of...something with weights as well?

  7. #7
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    4

    Default

    starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Donaldson View Post
    Good - I can personally recommend Wittmer Rejuvenation Clinic, then.



    The reason your GP recommended a urologist is presumably because that's the pee-pee doctor, and hypogonadism deals with those parts...sort of. (It's really a hormonal issue, and hence an endocrinology matter, but hey, the checklist is the checklist, right? This is where Wittmer's approach really shines, because it's not flowchart-driven the way so many mainstream providers seem to be now.



    Hold up...you're doing Starting Strength programming PLUS up to three more days a week of...something with weights as well?

    That's helpful to understand about the urologist. I think my GP did say that at endocrinologist would be ideal, but the wait time for them tends to be 6-12 mo.

    And yes, for shame, I was doing SS (first the NP, then adding a light squat day) + doing some more pulling movements (dumbbell rows, usually - albeit "heavy" - usually sets of 12-20 with 100lb dumbbell) to try to correct some upper back imbalance I had that I saw a chiro / PT for. I've learned my lesson, that I need to be putting 1000% of my recovery into SS, that I probably would've made more progress (both weight on the lifts + physique) just following the program, etc. Roast me if you must, but I learned my lesson through experience, and am just running a reset SS now, after which I'll probably do TM after I've truly milked all of this.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •