starting strength gym
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Question on Training the wife...

• starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    • starting strength seminar february 2025
    Relatedly, probably not a good idea to teach your child to drive a manual transmission. For me it was two hours of “I told you not to grind the gears, why do you keep grinding the gears?” Exactly the same thing I heard at 16 from my dad when he bought an old MG GBT.

And come to think of it, Ray G being the gentleman that he is, was a lot more polite about it, he could have told me for weeks on end, “I told you not to drop your hips when you squeeze your chest up, why do you keep dropping your hips when you squeeze your chest up?”

Quote Originally Posted by dalan View Post
    Exactly 100 % correct. It's ESPECIALLY true if the one being coached doesn't place a similar level of importance on training as the one doing the coaching, which is almost always the case in situations like this.
    This might be the most relevant post in this thread.

OP Here:

Its going decently well. I live in rural Northeast GA so no real options for her to have a real trainer. Its either me training her with minor squabbles or her doing some bs fit body bootcamp.

She pulled 205 for 2 sets of 3 two days ago (Up from ~155 in about 4 or 5 weeks) . Today's squat will be 3 sets of 5 @ ~150. We are still doing sets of 5 on the bench as well at ~70.5. Press is starting to stall. Missed a few reps at 58 lbs in sets 3 and 4 of a 5 set of 3 press workout. Bar path seems to be the culprit. Made her do a 6th set and she got all the reps. Barely. I might have to invest in some half pound plates.

Good luck to you both.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Chungus View Post
    OP Here:

I live in rural Northeast GA so no real options for her to have a real trainer. Its either me training her with minor squabbles or her doing some bs fit body bootcamp.
    SSC Grant Broggi is over in Greenville, SC. At only a couple of hours away, make it a date weekend and get her over there and get her form checked. It will confirm that either you do know what you're telling her or that you have some work to do.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123