starting strength gym

Thread: Grey book programs

Default Grey book programs

• starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    I feel I have milked intermediate weekly to bi progession as far as I can. (My upper body lifts still suck) I was thinking of setting up my own program to try Tri weekly progession, then I thought well maybe I should look at programs in the book. Anywho, do you like the pyramid method better or 2 steps forword 1 step back? I would like to do the 2 steps forword 1 step back, but put it in a 3 day split since I'm kinda pressed for time. I feel the offsets are still a little much for the upperbody lifts. For example I feel I would do better doing a 95% 100% 90% 5rm instead of the 90% 100% 80% 5rm that is listed.

28 years
    247 pounds 70 inches
    Bench 5x5 285
    Squat 5x5 435
    Deadlift 1x5 575
    Press 5x5 185
    I feel my upperbody lifts don't echo the strength of the lower. Maybe it's due to the shoulder surgerys I have had.

Quote Originally Posted by Griffin727 View Post
    I feel I have milked intermediate weekly to bi progession as far as I can. (My upper body lifts still suck) I was thinking of setting up my own program to try Tri weekly progession, then I thought well maybe I should look at programs in the book. Anywho, do you like the pyramid method better or 2 steps forword 1 step back? I would like to do the 2 steps forword 1 step back, but put it in a 3 day split since I'm kinda pressed for time. I feel the offsets are still a little much for the upperbody lifts. For example I feel I would do better doing a 95% 100% 90% 5rm instead of the 90% 100% 80% 5rm that is listed.

28 years
    247 pounds 70 inches
    Bench 5x5 285
    Squat 5x5 435
    Deadlift 1x5 575
    Press 5x5 185
    I feel my upperbody lifts don't echo the strength of the lower. Maybe it's due to the shoulder surgerys I have had.
    Re. upper vs. full body lift numbers, let me make a guess here. Do you have a short torso and long arms?

As to your programming, why not try a change and see how it works? You don't need anyone's permission, and you'll learn a lot by making a tweak, sticking with it, and seeing how your body responds. You're only 28, man - you have abundant time to experiment. Have fun with it.