starting strength gym
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Testosterone

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by quadancer View Post
    My test is much lower than the O.P. and I can't get HRT from my docs; and I've been lifting for 10 years. Eventually, your stuff will drop regardless.
    Quadancer: Do you mind if I ask you your age and TT levels? Thanks.

What would you guys do if you were me? Would you take further tests to determine whether primary/secondary (as Phil suggested), or 'demand' TT enhancers from the endocrinologist? Thanks.

I'm 56 and last test was something like 340ng/dl if I remember right. Not rockbottom, but not energetic either. And I have almost no libido; some of that is probably psychological, but it's not for lack of wanting.

Smile

Just a quick note to PMDL and some of the others who questioned whether my hypothesis of barbell activity possibly stimulating T production was sound:

I was re-reading an article from Strong Enough by Rippetoe when I encountered this sentence in a discussion on the male female performance gap which is attributable to men having more T and unusually high performing women; "Or it may be due to an adaptation to continued high levels of workload through an increase in endogenous production of either testosterone od dihydroepiandrosterone sulfate, a slight increase that beneficially affects recovery and performance..." p. 123 Strong Enough.

Evidently, Rippetoe and his esteemed editors believe this hypothesis is sound enought to include it in Rip's book. I do not know whether this phenomenon (higher T production as a response to barbelling) is likely, but it is clearly possible. I feel vindicated

Now if your testes cannot properly function to produce T, that's a different story.

starting strength coach development program
    Use it or lose it fellas!

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456