starting strength gym
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Drink Your Milk

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by sushi362 View Post
    will i be able to break my plateau if i switch from 2% to whole milk? Im stuck at 170 lb squat and i am 6'1'' and 170 lbs.
    Do it! You need the calories.

sushi362 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Nauticus View Post
    Do it! You need the calories.
    i was hoping that was the answer, as i ran out and bought a gallon. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by TomC View Post
    This is incorrect. If it had any lactase in it, it would break down the lactose before you got to drink it. This what they do to make Lactaid and why Lactaid tastes different than normal milk (and raw milk). Humans, at least some humans, have the ability to produce lactase to digest lactose. If raw milk is easier to digest, lactase is not the reason. It may or may not have less lactose in it than regular milk, but I would guess there is significant variation between batches of raw and regular milk making any such determination problematic.

You're right and I must correct myself. Raw milk is believed to contain the probiotics to aid the production of lactase in the body, but doesn't contain lactase in it. Pasteurization kills the good bacteria.

and Lactaid is gross! My mom lives on the stuff.

i was hoping that was the answer, as i ran out and bought a gallon. Thanks.
    There's only like a 300 calorie difference between a gallon of whole milk and a gallon of 2%. It's unlikely that switching from one to the other will alone get you past a stall.

Quote Originally Posted by loseyourname View Post
    There's only like a 300 calorie difference between a gallon of whole milk and a gallon of 2%. It's unlikely that switching from one to the other will alone get you past a stall.
    Why are you opposed to whole milk?

Don't you think the additional fat has any benefits that go beyond the extra calories?

sushi362 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by loseyourname View Post
    Did your ead Gary Gibsons latest post about whole milk? That stuff is like magic. Also, SS:BBT describes whole milk to have macro nutrients that help spped up recovery. Besides, im a skinny fuck that needs to gain weight.

Results from switching to whole milk will depend on how well your body burns fat, IMO. There certainly isn't a lot of carbohydrate in it, the body's first choice for energy.
    And anyone that is over 4' and weighs 115lbs. needs a lot more than just milk. I use db's heavier than that. I'm just sayin', ya know?
    Every time we find a "hardgainer", we have an "undereater". Lose the abs and build the house over them.

Did your ead Gary Gibsons latest post about whole milk? That stuff is like magic.
    It's not like magic and it won't make up for an insufficient diet of solid food. However, it is a powerful tool and a great aid in gaining weight.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Sami View Post
    Why are you opposed to whole milk?

Don't you think the additional fat has any benefits that go beyond the extra calories?
    Describe these benefits.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast