starting strength gym
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Interesting Documentary about Health Food Junkies

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Anyone else notice that the guy giving the seminar on the raw food diet is absolutely hilarious?

"It's more important what you don't eat than what you actually eat."

"When you actually eliminate certain foods completely without any exceptions, on a cellular level you literally evolve!"

I think this documentary is a perfect example of why Science 101 courses should be mandatory in college.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrofula View Post
    Nutritional arguments? I thought the main point of organic food was environmental impact (and that even those arguments are shaky).
    Quote Originally Posted by gordonrumble View Post
    Nah, mostly it's that they're tastier.

My sister does get an allergic reaction from some of the chemicals that get sprayed on non-organic food though.

It is both. Most fruit & vegetables have been bred specifically to respond best to chemical fertilisers and pesticides. The important thing is for them to grow big.

This thinking for this science and type of mass food production was conjured up in the UK during and post-war where there was rationing and food shortages for years. There were big changes made in the country to make sure we always had a food excess from now on. In a similar way, I think the cold war supercharged this kind of agriculture and food production in the USA.

The old varieties which were not so dependent on fertilizers or pesticides usually grew smaller but were a lot tastier. Having much more concentrated flavour. Organic farming uses these older varieties and is the reason why a few things taste so much better when organic. Carrots are a good example. Organic carrots taste rich & tasty even raw. But chemically grown carrots are much larger & insipid tasting. But with something like bananas it is unoticable. Organic would simply mean the workers and local residents to the farm would not have to deal with so much pollution from pesticides and fertilisers.

This whole movement isn't about food, it's about politics. But I guess that's obvious.

The interviewer missed a profound opportunity: Upon watching the loony chick drink her own piss while extolling the health benefits of doing so, the interviewer should have followed up with "In that case, have you considered eating your own poop for even greater health benefits?"

Quote Originally Posted by Dastardly View Post
    More shock type entertainment for us lot. These lot think raw foliage is the key to ultimate health.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aTecK6odDoc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h0dMxwoT5U0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VnVHOzkrlL4

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Charles Staley View Post
    This whole movement isn't about food, it's about politics. But I guess that's obvious.

The interviewer missed a profound opportunity: Upon watching the loony chick drink her own piss while extolling the health benefits of doing so, the interviewer should have followed up with "In that case, have you considered eating your own poop for even greater health benefits?"
    Charles, that's just being absurd and ridiculous; the British don't say "poop".

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12