starting strength gym
Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 1018192021 LastLast

Thread: fat loss help

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.City View Post
    The doctor comes out and sees a sea of quivering flesh with the occasional head or limb sticking out, falls to his knees, raises his fist and screams, "Rippetoe!"
    Hilarious!

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by msingh View Post
    i've got detailed records of all my lifts, i just dont think it's relevant to discuss them here. everything i've read and heard says recomp is not possible. lean mass gains are not possible without using chemistry, so what's with telling people to try to do something impossible?? if i'm eating above maintenance then i have a surplus, in what world will that allow me to use fat for fuel when i have an excess of energy?? and who here has maintained linear progression on a deficit??
    I'd consider getting Lyle's RFL Handbook. It lays out pretty much what you would have to eat to lose weight and maintain as much strength as possible in the process. Yes, you will have to eat at a caloric deficit. Yes, it is going to take some time. I'm currently in the process of integrating Lyle's recommendations into a Paleo diet, which hopefully are pretty compatible. Anyways, for me, going through his recommendations, this is the breakdown I get:

Summary Calories grams % calories
    Total 2370.0
    Protein 707.2 176.8 29.84%
    Carb 1107.2 276.8 46.72%
    Fat 555.6 61.7 23.44%

That's like 1.5 pounds of chicken per day (fuck) so you might want to consider that when you look at whatever diet you are doing now and ask yourself if you're getting enough protein.

Quote Originally Posted by PVC View Post
    • Chris - you know, that guy Justin and AC train with that you conveniently forgot to mention? The one who started off as a fat guy at 245 lbs, who is now a fucking tank and is on schedule to deadlift 700 lbs in a few months?
    • Mispelledgeoff
    • Mileydyson
    • RobertFontaine
    • Anyone else who started out as a fat guy, can now squat 400 and wants to contribute

Just to name a few.
    RobertFontaine dieted down while doing SS then ate more
    mispelledeoff is currently dieting down as speak
    dont know about miles dawson or chris but ..

im not saying it's impossible for fat guys to get brutally strong, they just have to say fuck it, i dont care if i become really obese, and go on eating and lifting. it's possible i know, but its a choice few willingly make, just compare pisarenko and rezazadeh

im not saying it's impossible for fat guys to get brutally strong, they just have to say fuck it, i dont care if i become really obese, and go on eating and lifting. it's possible i know, but its a choice few willingly make, just compare pisarenko and rezazadeh
    Are you serious?

Man...we're talking about Starting Strength. We're talking about novices who are unadapted to heavy weight training, who have the ability to make huge increases in strength and muscle mass in short periods of time. Rezazadeh is the elite of the elite, both in terms of strength and in his body's adaptive response to training. His decision to get really fucking fat in order to be the best O-Lifter in the world is so far removed from what we're talking about, it's not even comparing apples and oranges since at least both of those are fruits.

that was some funny shit, city!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.City View Post
    Starting Strength will give you diabetes. Only the lean and beautiful people can do SS proper, the rest become so morbidly obese that they're wheeled out of the WFAC in wheelbarrows (it's the Sunday metcon at WFAC actually, better than a Prowler) due to the fact their gut growth has outpaced their squat strength, rendering them immobile. Rip and the 70s Big crew dump these beached whales in front of the nearest hospital/clinic/ditch. The doctor comes out sand see a sea of quivering flesh with the occasional head or limb sticking out, falls to his knees, raises his fist and screams, "Rippetoe!"

What is so hard about cleaning up your diet while on SS? I mean, at some point, you have some eating to grow. What happens then, Msingh?

You don't get to have an opinion on what strong is--for painfully obvious reasons.

Very strong to me means squatting more than 400lb. Plenty of mediocre fat guys here who will never get that far, I'm not one of those. Learn from the best guys, dont settle for 50 inch waists and 320 lb squats.

the problem is you make the same post every single time. You're trying to convince yourself that it isn't your fault you aren't pleased with the results, but that it's inevitable.

Just do the work it takes. Feeling sorry for yourself and trying to get others to do the same does no one any good

Yeah i made a decision and i'm working towards my goals. I have a plan for achieving my genetic potential. I know it will be hard work but it's ok, that's a part of the experience.

I think enough kittens have been strangled as a result of this thread. Let's give msingh a month or two on his new plan and let's see how he fares. No doubt, he will be back with another thread (maybe he'll infuriate us to the point of snapping puppy necks in that one).

starting strength coach development program
    For some reason, reading this thread makes me want to...

Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 1018192021 LastLast