starting strength gym
Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: fat loss help

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    I'm eating a lot less than I used to. Breakfast is usually clean, a coupla eggs, some fruit, glass of mik. Lunch, eat out, burger and chips, maybe a few sips of coke or a litre of milk, dinner: a coupla eggs, some veges, glass of milk.

training, i play basketball regularly, lift everynow and then, would like to do it strictly but conflicting goals get in the way. not eating enough, too much cardio, very little progress. just wanna get lean, run my cycle of SS for 3-5 months, and do something more interesting

I think it's obvious you just want to be wean and wipped and no interest in continuing a strength training program that requires you to up your intake your calorie intake. Best of luck on the way to the six pack then, however I'll say your diet doesn't really seem that strict despite your concern about weight. It seems high in carbs and kind of lacking in protein.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.City View Post
    I think it's obvious you just want to be wean and wipped and no interest in continuing a strength training program that requires you to up your intake your calorie intake. Best of luck on the way to the six pack then, however I'll say your diet doesn't really seem that strict despite your concern about weight. It seems high in carbs and kind of lacking in protein.
    ha, you couldnt be any more wrong. i love lifting heavy, love eating loads of food, love getting big and getting strong. it's the best easiest thing in the world. anyone can do it, just fucking eat loads and fucking lift heavy.

i dont care about carbs.. it makes no sense to worry about macronutrient ratios, total calories matters. if i've cut my total intake by half, then surely that's neough without obsessing about carbs? but whatever. i dont eat many carbs anyway. dont eat bread, pasta, what not, i'm actually pretty good with carbs!

Quote Originally Posted by msingh View Post
    ha, you couldnt be any more wrong. i love lifting heavy, love eating loads of food, love getting big and getting strong. it's the best easiest thing in the world. anyone can do it, just fucking eat loads and fucking lift heavy.

i dont care about carbs.. it makes no sense to worry about macronutrient ratios, total calories matters. if i've cut my total intake by half, then surely that's neough without obsessing about carbs? but whatever. i dont eat many carbs anyway. dont eat bread, pasta, what not, i'm actually pretty good with carbs!
    If you're cutting your calorie intake by half, you should be obsessing over total protein intake rather than carbs.

when i'm lifting i maintain my protein levels pretty well. otherwise for fat loss though i dont obsess about it
    Last edited by msingh; 01-26-2010 at 11:38 PM.

training, i play basketball regularly, lift everynow and then, would like to do it strictly but conflicting goals get in the way. not eating enough, too much cardio, very little progress. just wanna get lean, run my cycle of SS for 3-5 months, and do something more interesting
    sounds like you need to get your goals straight.

msingh,

You ask a lot of questions, people give you logical answers and you rebutt them continuously. Why don't you read Rip's books and follow the program for 6 months and see what happens. Your statement of "lift everynow and then, would like to do it strictly but conflicting goals get in the way" shows you are not committed to doing the program this site advocates. You feel people are picking on you but the truth is you keep asking questions that have been answered, people try to help you and you provide them nothing but empty facts, no data on what you do, where you do it, how much you do it.

I don't think you want help, you want a quick and easy way to get big and strong and have a six pack.

we all do - it doesn't exist.

mmm i see what you're saying, but that's not a fair characterisation. the majority of my size and strength was gained while doing hte program. sure once i stopped eating as much, stopped lifting regularly, and tried to curtail fat i've been stuck in a pattern of failure, i know that. but that doesn't mean i dont want to do the program, or that i havent done the program in the past. I'm probably at 1/3 of my progression as a novice, i still have loads of gains to make, but i cant justify stuffing huge amounts of calories down my throat to train consistently! and i havent had much luck with maintaining or progressing on limited caloric intake. i've tried since november..
    Last edited by msingh; 01-26-2010 at 11:55 PM.

Probably a good idea then would be to create a list of your priorities and present them to the people on here who actually know a thing or two - I'm not one of them. Then maybe they can help you reach those goals. That might mean continued feeding and making a more dedicated attempt at SS. Or it might mean they direct you to another program that more closely matches your personal goals. But to get there you need to be transparent about what you want - here and to yourself.

starting strength coach development program
    Ok here goes

GOALS

+ not be a fat fuck with a 44 inch waist (around 34 inches would be good)

+ Get a big squat, bench, deadlift and press (180/120/200/100 kg for singles), be able to do pullups for sets

+ get my bodweight around 90-100 kg lean (its currently a fat 107 kg, probably 27% bf, fuck knows)

Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast