starting strength gym
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Never seems like enough sleep

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Lol Alyion.

Anyways, Sgols i tried to use fitday to get it as accurate as possible but since i'm asian and basically my mum cooks dinner and i just eat whatever's on the table (bowl of rice + some meat/fish and vegies of some sort). So with the exception of dinner (i just approximated the rice), it's roughly:

Total
    Cals: 3,511

Fat: 109.3g

Carbs: 382.3g

Protein: 238.2g

Remind me what your height and weight is?

Why aren't you GOMADing?

Yeah I'm the same. I think it's just the weather, really.

Quote Originally Posted by Smack View Post
    Yeah I'm the same. I think it's just the weather, really.
    I think he lives in Australia.

Quote Originally Posted by confuzzl3don3 View Post
    Lol Alyion.

Anyways, Sgols i tried to use fitday to get it as accurate as possible but since i'm asian and basically my mum cooks dinner and i just eat whatever's on the table (bowl of rice + some meat/fish and vegies of some sort). So with the exception of dinner (i just approximated the rice), it's roughly:
    Total
    Cals: 3,511
    Fat: 109.3g
    Carbs: 382.3g
    Protein: 238.2g

*note that the quote has had the empty space removed.
    First, a dataset of 1 pt is useless. Do this for a good two weeks. Try actually measuring things as best you can. Be as accurate as possible... I know this is weighing and measuring. This really counts. If you can, help your mom cook and see what amounts of something go into your meals.

Try eating a little bit more and see if that helps (I know you only measured the rice at dinner, but let's try tweaking something now).

Quote Originally Posted by MRP View Post
    It may also be that it is winter and not much sunlight out. I've been diagnosed with Depression and S.A.D. seasonal affective disorder.
    Ditto for me on the depression & SAD. (I do take pharmaceuticals, and they help.) Overall, I'm functioning fairly well this winter, even without having enough snow to get much skiing in (usually my saving grace) -- but the short dark days are sapping my energy. Doesn't matter how much or how well (or poorly) I sleep; I keep yawning through my workouts. Most annoying.

None of which probably helps Confuzzled; just thought I'd add another "me too" data point to the "lack of sunlight is affecting my lifting" set.

-K.

Have you tried taking melatonin and Vitamin D?

Quote Originally Posted by Guido View Post
    Have you tried taking melatonin and Vitamin D?
    I just read the links you posted about vitamin D3 in the Vitamins thread -- thank you for the info & the reminder. I have D3 here (1000 I/U tablets); I need to both up my intake of it and be consistent in taking it.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Kate View Post
    I just read the links you posted about vitamin D3 in the Vitamins thread -- thank you for the info & the reminder. I have D3 here (1000 I/U tablets); I need to both up my intake of it and be consistent in taking it.
    Glad to help! Really, the melatonin alone should do it. The reason that many people have trouble sleeping in the winter is because the lack of sunlight does not trigger your normal melatonin production that is caused from a certain amount of sunlight/UV exposure. Normally, once you have reached a certain amount of exposure for the day a hormonal cascade occurs that causes you to be drowsy and eventually enter the sleep cycle. This is why you generally are very tired after a day at the beach!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast