starting strength gym
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sleep Apnea from Weight Gain Affecting Recovery?

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    "In approximately ninety percent of patients, a significant improvement can be expected."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uvulopa...plasty#Success

Whether surgery is necessary or not is not my point, just that the treatment exists. Consulting an ENT is the right place to start. They can also address non-apneic snoring.

I'm just confused by your recommendation of surgery, sight unseen. It's like, if you told me you had knee pain (and no diagnosis), my recommending that you see an orthopedic surgeon. It might be inappropriate.

Well it's like if someone told me their nose is always plugged up, I might say "There's actually surgery that can correct that." I apologize for not being clearer, I didn't mean to imply that it isn't a last resort. I maintain that seeing an ENT is a good idea. An ENT is not strictly a surgeon, they can diagnose and recommend non-surgical treatments.

It's unfortunate this medium (the internet) frequently takes us down the path of misunderstanding, mine included. I agree that seeing a doctor would be an appropriate course if there continues to be a problem.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by rjg91680 View Post
    ...I've been eating like crazy and doing 1/2 to 3/4 GOMAD to keep the gains coming but during the last 2 weeks I don't feel like I've been getting enough restorative sleep. This morning I woke up with a crazy headache
    Hate to say it on this board, but some people have nasal allergies associated with milk. My father and I both have issues. I don't have any digestive issues and have been doing 1/2 Gomad for about 3 months. Coming down off the milk, I could notice an improvement in my night time breathing and sleep. A google search of the subject could shed some light.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12