starting strength gym
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pinched Nerve in Back

Default Pinched Nerve in Back

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    On Friday evening while working out, I noticed an interesting sensation come about during the workout. Not really sure what caused it; squat and bench were both fine, then during powercleans, it just sort of appeared to come on slowly. I took a contrast shower and relaxed all weekend, but it's still very sore. Wondering if anyone has recommendations other than time. I'm pissed that I'm not going to be able to squat or PC today, but bench should be fine.

If you have access to an inversion table that might cure you. I swear by mine. Traction usually works for me.

I do have inversion boots. I hadn't even thought about that; worth a shot. Thanks man

I cracked my back in a certain spot and it feels a little better. Must...squat...today...

Sometimes all it takes is a little self-adjustment. Pinched nerves suck. Glad to hear you are feeling better.

Tried squatting last night; I got up to 225 and just did 2 sets - it wasn't feeling right. Lately, I've been experimenting with my lower back positioning and I think that this could have something to do with it. I'm trying to keep my lumbar locked so that I can get a strong rebound off my hamstrings and I think when I did my top set on Friday, I think my lumbar region could have been been tweaked. I'm going back and forth between using the chest up/erectors flexed and the chest up/erectors flexed with my ass stuck back. I'll get to feeling better and continue experimenting.

Curse this setback. This shit still hurts

Try your inversion boots, and see if that releases the pinched nerve?

I've done it 2 days in a row. Feels better after, but it still hurts when I wake up; I go to sleep thinking it's getting better and wake up to pain.

starting strength coach development program
    Ouch, sometimes it takes me a few weeks to recover when I throw my back out. Hope you recover soon!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast