starting strength gym
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Milk mean old mr gravity

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Koalala View Post
    More Fat same Protein does not look like a win to me.
    You clearly don't understand how the human body functions. Your body needs fat. Lots of fat.

More importantly, how fast are you gaining weight? 5 pounds a week is not too tough--if I can do it, anyone can.

But Gary Gibson is smarter than me. Read this: http://startingstrength.com/resource...07&postcount=4

Quote Originally Posted by PVC View Post
    You clearly don't understand how the human body functions. Your body needs fat. Lots of fat.
    Lots? No it doesn't... 0.5 g/lb seems to be the recommended amount. Fat is easy to get anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Force Production View Post
    Lots? No it doesn't... 0.5 g/lb seems to be the recommended amount. Fat is easy to get anyway.

this.

I just switched from 2% to whole milk this week. Makes my shakes a little creamier!

Quote Originally Posted by Force Production View Post
    Says the US Government Food Pyramid that's based on a foundation of lies and media propaganda. Growing mammals tend to need more fat to grow properly, which is why breast milk is so high in fat, especially saturated. In addition, you can safely eat more than than that amount of fat, especially on such a high calorie diet. Look at this study, for example,http://preview.tinyurl.com/fatstudy (The link was too big, you can check what it is before going there with the preview style link).
    People are eating 61% of their total calories from fat each year and they still have an equivalent if not better blood lipid profile compared to those that eat 30% of their total calories from fat.
    Last edited by Joe D.; 02-12-2010 at 10:14 PM.

It's the calories that give whole milk thee ffect it does, not the protein. Take all what you know about dieting and throw it out the window. The only thing you need to worry about is total calories, if you want to put on muscle/weight make sure your in a calorie surplus, if you want to loose weight make sure your in a calorie deficient. Don't worry about anything else.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by timt View Post
    It's the calories that give whole milk thee ffect it does, not the protein. Take all what you know about dieting and throw it out the window. The only thing you need to worry about is total calories, if you want to put on muscle/weight make sure your in a calorie surplus, if you want to loose weight make sure your in a calorie deficient. Don't worry about anything else.
    It goes beyond just the calories and macronutrients with milk. Milk is very anabolic, more so than the equivalent calories, protein, carbs and fat found in anything else.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12