Is my food even being digested? WARNING (bowel related content inside) Is my food even being digested? WARNING (bowel related content inside) - Page 2

starting strength gym
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 26

Thread: Is my food even being digested? WARNING (bowel related content inside)

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Baltimore
    Posts
    75

    Default

    • texas seminar date
    • wichita falls texas march seminar date
    • woodmere new york april seminar date
    Quote Originally Posted by texron View Post
    This is me^^^ The pills USED to work for me as well, then one day..well it wasn't pretty. Pills never worked again. The Lactaid milk is great, but $5.50/gallon sucks

    see my post above. you don't need to buy lactaid milk. you can make it yourself by adding lactase to the milk and letting it sit to allow the enzyme to work.

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hamster View Post
    see my post above. you don't need to buy lactaid milk. you can make it yourself by adding lactase to the milk and letting it sit to allow the enzyme to work.
    tried, failed. Let the milk sit maybe 1-1/2 hours? The resulting explosions were ugly

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Baltimore
    Posts
    75

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by texron View Post
    tried, failed. Let the milk sit maybe 1-1/2 hours? The resulting explosions were ugly
    the enzyme just needed more time to work. it kind of works in a diminishing log scale. it will lyse a lot of the lactose (substrate) when there's a lot around, and as time goes by will lyse less and less. you should just leave it out longer and let it get to room temp. try four hours at room temp, then put it in the fridge for a night or two. i swear it works. you can also try popping more tablets in there, but be sure to grind up the tablets first and shake up the milk to mix it in there.

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hamster View Post
    the enzyme just needed more time to work. it kind of works in a diminishing log scale. it will lyse a lot of the lactose (substrate) when there's a lot around, and as time goes by will lyse less and less. you should just leave it out longer and let it get to room temp. try four hours at room temp, then put it in the fridge for a night or two. i swear it works. you can also try popping more tablets in there, but be sure to grind up the tablets first and shake up the milk to mix it in there.
    Any problems leaving milk out for 4 hours? I used 5 tablets the first time, how many would you suggest?

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    146

    Default

    i usually get light brown, extremely smelly dumps. i mean, my gas is so bad i actually think it could make someone projectile vomit if they were dutch-ovened in it. anway, i find that when you drink so much milk, you also need to increase your fiber intake. i bet you added in GOMAD while keeping 3 meals right? you're drinking more volume than you're eating, so of course you're gonna have the runs. Have at least one serving of fiber with every litre you drink, try that. Worked for me. Big, solid, hard, smelly shits now. LOVE IT!

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    17

    Default

    Get "Digestive Advantage - Lactose Intolerance", a generic pro-biotic and some fiber pills; your body will become a highly efficient shitting machine if you keep up with all three.

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Birmingham
    Posts
    8,470

    Default

    I started taking some psylium husk, but it is having no effect on anything really.

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Calgary, Canada
    Posts
    71

    Default

    I used to have a problem with loose stools aka running shit 4xday and went to my Dr. She suggested increasing my fiber intake until said shit became solid. seems to work but if you arent used to that much fiber you will get bloated and have nasty farts....

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    71

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by strengthstarter View Post
    So is that like a dump every 4 hours? Damn.
    I have a very strong gastrocolic reflex. I have no problem digesting milk (my people are nordic/european) but after nearly every meal the bathroom calls. I usually do about 3 dumps/day. Depending on my diet, it may increase.

  10. #20
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    285

    Default

    starting strength coach development program
    I started taking acidophilus chewables about 2 months ago and it has greatly reduced the symptoms of my milk drinking (i.e. gas). I would recommend it.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •