starting strength gym
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Is my food even being digested? WARNING (bowel related content inside)

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    i can't believe you guys want to get rid of the gas. i love the gas.

Quote Originally Posted by texron View Post
    Any problems leaving milk out for 4 hours? I used 5 tablets the first time, how many would you suggest?
    I don't know buddy, you'll just have to tweak the amount of lactase you put in there and how long you leave it out.

I don't think leaving it out for a couple of hours will be a problem, especially if (as I presume) you're in the United States drinking pasteurized milk, and said milk very soon after you buy it

You want to know what really helps?

Buy a large bag of frozen mixed vegetables. Fill up a small bowl with them, fill it with water, and microwave it for a few minutes until it's warm. Pour out the excess water and eat everything in the bowl. Do this twice a day.

I am lactose intolerant, and I would have explosive diarrhea 6 or more times a day from trying to drink a gallon of milk (by the way, shitting 3 times a day is absolutely nothing to complain about). Eating two bowls of frozen vegetables every day completely eliminated all problems I was having. My shits became well regulated, non-gaseous, relatively clean and very quick and efficient. When I sat down on that toilet I would be completely finished shitting within about 30 seconds, and wiping took very little time because the "mess" was minimal. Those were, without a doubt, the best shits of my life.

The problem with this method: a bowl of vegetables fills you up, and makes it pretty hard to eat substantial amounts of food. BUT, I still suggest you try it just to see what I'm talking about. Best shits of your life, I swear.

Quote Originally Posted by PVC View Post
    You want to know what really helps?

Buy a large bag of frozen mixed vegetables. Fill up a small bowl with them, fill it with water, and microwave it for a few minutes until it's warm. Pour out the excess water and eat everything in the bowl. Do this twice a day.
    This is wise advice, my friends. Veggies are important.

Quote Originally Posted by TomC View Post
    This is wise advice, my friends. Veggies are important.
    2nd this. Great Advice for awesome BMs.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by vmarwin View Post
    I have a very strong gastrocolic reflex. I have no problem digesting milk (my people are nordic/european) but after nearly every meal the bathroom calls. I usually do about 3 dumps/day. Depending on my diet, it may increase.
    I think you are my long lost brother. I'm of almost 90% German heritage, and I shit after EVERY meal, usually within 30 mins. I can also drink milk like it's water with no ill effects.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123