starting strength gym
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Traing frequency

Default Traing frequency

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Oddly enough the only times I've consistently been able to add 2.5kg/5lbs to my workouts AND do the 5 reps on the new weight, were when I was unable to go to the gym for a week or so, and I just got back to training, feeling fresh and fully healthy.

When I'm training 3x a week, my progression is ususally slow. I am stuck on the same weight for 2-3 sessions, and fail to complete the 5 reps.

Is this indicative of a bad diet. I'm not counting calories.. But I'm making sure I'm doing 1/2 GOMAD, and eating plenty of lean meat and other high protein foods for about 4-5 meals a day.

Or is it more do do with my bodies ability to recover?

Reset your weight, eat more and sleep more.

Quote Originally Posted by LondonTiger View Post
    Is this indicative of a bad diet. I'm not counting calories.. But I'm making sure I'm doing 1/2 GOMAD, and eating plenty of lean meat and other high protein foods for about 4-5 meals a day.
    Try doing 1 GOMAD, not eating "lean" meat and eating more in general. Just try it for a week and see what happens.

I think Rip should have put in a table for eating standards in the back of a book. would be pretty useful for the people who mistakenly think they're eating a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Colliflower View Post
    Reset your weight, eat more and sleep more.
    What do you mean by reset your weight, sorry I havbent read programmng, currently reading SS

Quote Originally Posted by LondonTiger View Post
    What do you mean by reset your weight, sorry I havbent read programmng, currently reading SS
    It sounds like you have recovery issues. These issues prevent you from upping the weight and being able to do the workout. Since you have increased the weight and can no longer do it you should lower the weight on your lifts, eat more, and start to work back up. Reset the weight 'til you're working around a 7 or 8 (on a scale from 1-10, 10 being max effort) and eat like it's a fucking sport.

Let me introduce you to my easy, 3-step program that is guaranteed to generate results in record fucking time!

Step 1: buy the books.
    Step 2: read the books.
    Step 3: search the forum, this shit has been discussed.

Boy, this forum has gotten hostile. However, your question is pretty silly. This gross of a recovery issue usually indicates a severe lack of rest and improper nutrition. That or you've hit the end of linear progression.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.City View Post
    Boy, this forum has gotten hostile. However, your question is pretty silly. This gross of a recovery issue usually indicates a severe lack of rest and improper nutrition. That or you've hit the end of linear progression.
    It's hard to tell if it's the forum or just that we're responding to LondonTiger. Dang, not a single mention of rack pulls yet.

EDIT: With a typo in the title. And an admission to not having the books we are ostensibly discussing on this site.
    Last edited by gzt; 02-25-2010 at 11:11 PM.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by gzt View Post
    It's hard to tell if it's the forum or just that we're responding to LondonTiger. Dang, not a single mention of rack pulls yet.

EDIT: With a typo in the title. And an admission to not having the books we are ostensibly discussing on this site.
    Where did you read that I do not have the books?

I do have SS and currently reading SS.. for maybe the 3rd time, and still taking in new info.

Programming is a a bit more advanced for me and I will get it at the end of my linear progression.

Thanks for the tips on reset and diet though.

And sorry about the typo, I use a netbook with about 90% keys. So sometimes it's hard to type on here.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast