starting strength gym

Thread: Shoulder/Elbow rehab from tendonitis.

Default Shoulder/Elbow rehab from tendonitis.

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    I've mostly been applying ice, heat rub and ibuprofen to get rid of this tendonitis.

I came across this doggcrap article via a thread on this forum

http://www.divxturka.net/e-books-amp...-problems.html

Would it be a good idea to add this routine for a tendonitis related injury?

Dislocates are a good thing, but the volume and intensity of dislocates advocated in that link is a little scary. I'd use a more gradual approach. Try a few and see if they make you feel better or worse over the next few days.

Do you know what caused the tendonitis? Fixing that will be extremely important, or else you'll just keep aggravating the injury.

yes, it was due to incorrect squatting, and cleaning the weight without the slow start.

I'm certainly no expert, but I did really aggravate my left biceps tendon with a too low bar position on my squat. You can read about this in my log. If you have not read the "battered left elbow" thread that Sami started, there is a ton of information in that thread. What I found is that once I moved my bar position a little higher (maybe an inch to an inch and half) the pain went away pretty quickly. I have always included shoulder dislocates with broom handle in my warm-up but this did not help the existing pain. Rest, ibuprofen, and ice will help. Fixing your squat position is the real cure, however.