starting strength gym
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: whey + creatine

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    You guys in the States (and Canada, apparently) are quite lucky to be able to order from TrueProtein without paying crazy shipping fees. I wanted to order the 100 dollar special (25 lbs), but it would cost 3x as much just to send it here plus, I'd have to pay customs fees. Living in Japan sucks (4 lbs of protein is about $80 here, and it's filled with crap).

Quote Originally Posted by Eanderson View Post
    trueprotein.com for both. I like to pound my whey without tasting it, and they sell unsweetened stuff for cheap.
    Thank you sir, you made my day...no more rip off $80 5-lb unsweetened tubs for me.

Quote Originally Posted by rdp View Post
    Speaking of creatine, how much do you take? Web site are inconsistent on recommendations and many recommend cycling.

EDIT: http://startingstrength.com/resource...06&postcount=2
    In most of the independent research I have read, the subjects have been given 5 grams a day with no "loading" phase like they recommend on the package...

This is true. Furthermore, most research shows that as little as 3g is sufficient to maximize muscle creatine content. However, it stands to reason that the larger the person, the more creatine can be effectively used, and seeing as the sort of people from whom John gets his observations are not that well represented by the research literature I can understand his advice of going as high as 10g. The question to the individual is which group of people do you think is more representative of oneself?

I would disagree with John about it being best to take it immediate post workout. (Almost) Anything that the muscles use during activity is better uptaken when supplemented pre-workout due to the pattern of blood flow and the internal milieu.

starting strength coach development program
    Trueprotein has the lowest price for protein powders I can find, but how is the quality? Does it mix well? Is there anything not up to standard with it?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123