starting strength gym
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lower back ache the day after squatting

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    For me, it's been letting my chest collapse on the final reps of a set and loosing my grip on the bar, letting my elbows drop.

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Kovtunovich View Post
    WTF is PNF, please?
    PNF=Proprioceptive Neuromuscular Facilitation

How to do it: Stretch a muscle for 15 seconds against an unmovable object (wall, post, etc..)...then while stretching flex that muscle for 10 seconds, as if trying to move that bodypart through it's ROM against the immovable object.....as soon as you relax the muscle, stretch just a little deeper and further and hold for another 15 seconds.

How it works: You go down to max stretch then you flex the muscle that your stretching, this causes your muscle to focus on the flex more than the stretch-reflex response. As soon as you stop flexing you have a 2-3 second window where you body still has its guard down in reference to the stretch-reflex response, this allows you to go into a deeper stretch that you initially could.

starting strength coach development program
    I have just finished watching the SS video, Itīs got me thinking that I may have been so concerned about rounding my back that I was overcompensating and therefore over-extending(???I think thats the term, the opposite of rounding).

Does that sound like the likely culprit? I gave my back a rest from squats for a week and ache has completely gone away.

Stickfigure: interesting stretching info, thanks.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12