starting strength gym
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Im not going to lie..I suck at eating.

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by indian_lifter View Post
    Hey guys,
    I cant eat.
    Why is it that you cannot eat?

Quote Originally Posted by TomC View Post
    Why is it that you cannot eat?
    I try and eat, but i get full pretty fast.

Does this increased tolerance level for food come with practice?

I know that many of you started pretty similar to my situation so did you guys just jump right into the heavy eating or did you ease in 500 calories increasing each day?

I try and eat, but i get full pretty fast.

Does this increased tolerance level for food come with practice?
    Yep. But you've got to try. That means being uncomfortably full after every meal, for a while.

I know that many of you started pretty similar to my situation so did you guys just jump right into the heavy eating or did you ease in 500 calories increasing each day?
    Just jump in. The problem with trying to increase your calories by 500 a day is that the body is a very fickle organism. Some days you will be hungrier than others. Eat as much as possible each given day. Unfortunately the ability to consume large volumes of food doesn't progress quite as linearly as your strength does on SS, but if you eat as much as possible every day you will be able to eat more next week, on average, than this week.

Jump in, but you won't get to 7000 overnight. Start with 4000, then move to 5000, then 6000. 5000 may be adequate, but try 6000 for a while. If it seems like too much, go back to 5000. It will never be easy, but if you try 7000 on the first night, you'll throw up. But, yeah, you have to work.

Quote Originally Posted by PVC View Post
    Yep. But you've got to try. That means being uncomfortably full after every meal, for a while.

Just jump in. The problem with trying to increase your calories by 500 a day is that the body is a very fickle organism. Some days you will be hungrier than others. Eat as much as possible each given day. Unfortunately the ability to consume large volumes of food doesn't progress quite as linearly as your strength does on SS, but if you eat as much as possible every day you will be able to eat more next week, on average, than this week.
    ok. Thanks for the advice. I had an idea of increasing calories while snacking on peanuts. Instead of including them as a subsection of a meal, since i dont like almonds, ill keep a full sandwich bag of peanuts with me and finish that throughout the day, each day.

As for the milk, its going to be hard but is it ok if i partition it each week? I have no problem drinking 1/2 GOMAD a day but when i start working into the 3/4- a whole GOMAD, i start feeling really heavy/bloated and that queasy feeling you get when you are about to throw up.

I was thinking a milk schedule like this to work up a tolerance to it. Once the tolerance level is built, Ill be doing the GOMAD everyday until the YNDTP reccommends to stop the milk.:

Mon: 1/2 GOMAD
    Tues: 3/4 GOMAD
    Wed: GOMAD
    Thurs:1/2 GOMAD
    Fri: 3/4 GOMAD
    Sat: GOMAD
    Sun: 1/2 GOMAD

This cycle will keep me from shitting water until i get used to the large volumes of milk.

Sadly, i am a fan of the "look good nekked" idea so ill be doing a 1 day of low intensity cardio(stationary bike) and one day of HIIT swimming.

I'm assuming that he can't eat meat.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.City View Post
    how do you know??

I was thinking a milk schedule like this to work up a tolerance to it. Once the tolerance level is built, Ill be doing the GOMAD everyday until the YNDTP reccommends to stop the milk.:

Mon: 1/2 GOMAD
    Tues: 3/4 GOMAD
    Wed: GOMAD
    Thurs:1/2 GOMAD
    Fri: 3/4 GOMAD
    Sat: GOMAD
    Sun: 1/2 GOMAD

This cycle will keep me from shitting water until i get used to the large volumes of milk.
    You can try this if you like, but it strikes me as a bad idea. Why not try for 2/3 GOMAD all of this week, then 3/4 all of next week, then full GOMAD the week after that?

Also, if you're about to yak from drinking too much milk then stop drinking it for a couple of hours (or for that day, if it's nighttime). But at least try to drink the extra milk.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.City View Post
    I find this racist.

starting strength coach development program
    Those following the Hindu religion have posted here and on other board with similar problems. With meat out of the equation, you will need as much calorie dense food as you can get, such as nuts, milk, etc. You desire look good naked is what I'm taking as a desire for a six pack. This, combined with your inability to eat meat, makes for a bad combo

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast