starting strength gym
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Im not going to lie..I suck at eating.

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by PVC View Post
    You can try this if you like, but it strikes me as a bad idea. Why not try for 2/3 GOMAD all of this week, then 3/4 all of next week, then full GOMAD the week after that?

Also, if you're about to yak from drinking too much milk then stop drinking it for a couple of hours (or for that day, if it's nighttime). But at least try to drink the extra milk.
    11 cups week 1, 12 cups week 2. Doesn't seem terrible at all.

Ill do this instead of my idea. With this, im getting more milk than compared to my idea.

Thanks. Im starting a log now!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.City View Post
    Those following the Hindu religion have posted here and on other board with similar problems. With meat out of the equation, you will need as much calorie dense food as you can get, such as nuts, milk, etc. You desire look good naked is what I'm taking as a desire for a six pack. This, combined with your inability to eat meat, makes for a bad combo
    Im probably a good 15 lbs away from a six pack. And for the sake of the kind board members that encourage skiiny guys like me to gain weight, like yourself, i wont post a picture...

I dont like being weak, so ill deal with that first and then cut the fat because i read a couple posts on this site about fat being easy to cut once the strength and muscle has been built.

You wouldn't happen to post at Bodybuilding.com, would you?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.City View Post
    You wouldn't happen to post at Bodybuilding.com, would you?
    Nope. I lurked around on websites(TNation, Iron Addicts, Stronglifts, etc..) and they said that BB.com is filled with misinformation so i figured its best to stay away from there.

Why?

indian_lifter, your dietary restrictions aren't best for hyperthropy without putting on 2x the amount of fat on at the same time. Your saving grace I guess would be if you can eat eggs, and if you can, then you'll need to go through 30 or so eggs a day, to get clean protein.

Proteins from carbs are not complete (don't contain all 9 amino acids to create a single protein, so you need to mix and match a varaity of vegetables to get your protein, and even then, you'll be laced with carbs and fats which may go over what you need.

With egg whites you can up your protein intake without the excess carbs.

there are dedicated vegan bodybuilders, in fact i googled one a while back and I got the eggwhite idea from him. but don't know of any powerlifters..

Quote Originally Posted by LondonTiger View Post
    indian_lifter, your dietary restrictions aren't best for hyperthropy without putting on 2x the amount of fat on at the same time. Your saving grace I guess would be if you can eat eggs, and if you can, then you'll need to go through 30 or so eggs a day, to get clean protein.

Proteins from carbs are not complete (don't contain all 9 amino acids to create a single protein, so you need to mix and match a varaity of vegetables to get your protein, and even then, you'll be laced with carbs and fats which may go over what you need.

With egg whites you can up your protein intake without the excess carbs.

there are dedicated vegan bodybuilders, in fact i googled one a while back and I got the eggwhite idea from him. but don't know of any powerlifters..
    Ill worry about hypertrophy when the time comes. For now, i need to build some strength that will be useful in helping me attain the hypertrophy i ultimately want to achieve.

So far, ive got:

Egg Whites
    Whey Protein
    Muscle Milk
    Peanut Butters
    Peanuts <- incomplete
    Soy, on ocassion.
    Chick Peas
    And other various indian food that has protein in it.
    Milk

Im not going to put on 2 itmes the amount of fat as a "normal" SS trainee would am i?

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Kovtunovich View Post
    Like two days after somebody puts up a semi tongue-in-cheek post about all the SE Asian types on this board having too many excuses about eating and whatnot, and we have "Indian Lifter" supposedly unable to figure out how to eat enough?

Huh.
    As a lifter of SE Asian descent, lets not besmirch all of us Indians. SS got me to a ""respectable" 207 lbs, and that was utilizing a half-assed approach.
    I intend to run through the novice all the way using my whole-ass next time.

Most of these guys are vegetarian, which significantly limits their gains, obviously.

Quote Originally Posted by indian_lifter View Post
    Ill worry about hypertrophy when the time comes. For now, i need to build some strength that will be useful in helping me attain the hypertrophy i ultimately want to achieve.

So far, ive got:

Egg Whites NO... eat the whole egg, or just the yolk. If you must tinker with it, separate and throw out the whites.
    Whey ProteinThis is OK, but don't use it to replace anything, include it on top of the huge piles of food you're eating. Sort of filling in the gaps in your stomach between all of the pieces of solid food
    Muscle Milk OK for convenience... but real food is better
    Peanut Butters Watch out for partially-hydrogenated oils, sugars, etc... the ingredients list should say something like "peanuts, salt"
    Peanuts <- incomplete
    Soy, on ocassion. Avoid. This one will turn you into a woman. Maybe that's an exaggeration, but it does have plenty of estrogen-mimicing compounds and antinutrients.
    Chick Peas Mmmm... hummus.
    And other various indian food that has protein in it.
    Milk Drink lots of this. As much as you can tolerate. Milk variants are great too: yogurt, kefir, sour cream, etc.

Im not going to put on 2 itmes the amount of fat as a "normal" SS trainee would am i? Go out on a limb and give it a try. Eat lots of fat and protein from high-quality whole-food sources, eat lots of vegetables, avoid sugar, and follow the SS program without adding or omitting anything. You will be shocked by how much muscle you put on during the first month or so. After the "novice-ness" starts to wear off, THEN start thinking about dialing in the diet to limit fat gain and trim down a little if you need to.
    see comments in red above

The earlier in the day you start eating the better.

Similarly, working out earlier gives you more time to eat. I get hungry again way faster after each meal if I've already done my lifting.

Put olive oil on everything.

Grind up dry oats in a coffee bean grinder and add them to your protein shakes. (This actually might make you feel waaaay to full. It's easy to down a ton of oats this way.)

Take the milk with you around the house/office. Ice cold milk is hard to drink. The warmer it gets the easier it is to drink fast. Don't let it actually get warm though.

Are you pre-cooking and portioning out your meals or main courses? The only way I can stay consistent is by cooking the roast/chicken/rice etc... early in the week. I portion it up and freeze it. Just heat and add sauce and veggies.

starting strength coach development program
    Im pretty sure that Indian Lifter is an Alias of MrBlink.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast