starting strength gym
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Killer Instinct

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    find something that pisses the shit out of you, think about it 2 minutes prior to the set, and then walk to the bar, let a battlecry go and get under it. does the job every fucking single time.

Quote Originally Posted by ColoWayno View Post
    (well, who really "enjoys" dead lifts?).
    It is my favorite lift, and I hate that I can only do it once a week. It is like Christmas morning when I get to deadlift.

Quote Originally Posted by rockyshaun View Post
    It is my favorite lift, and I hate that I can only do it once a week. It is like Christmas morning when I get to deadlift.
    Same^^

Thanks, good ideas. I'll do the warm up sets before dead lifts and the walkout before my worksets.

And some of this:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FgkYHx3LwM0
    Last edited by ColoWayno; 06-16-2010 at 11:12 PM.

I've also been just listening to the radio station they have on at the gym. If they go to a commercial right when I'm getting ready to lift it takes all of the air out of me. Time to start taking the IPod.
    I think this describes part of your problem right here. I always blast music while i workout (home gym), and I think it helps keeped me amped, but if a random slow song or skit or something comes on before I do my set, I honestly don't even notice it. I am usually focused enough on squatting that I don't even hear the noise at all.

I think if something like a commercial coming on is messing with your head that much, you are definitely not mentally prepared enough before your squat sets.

I know this isn't really a solution to your problem, I just wanted to point out that I think you have to focus more.

Not on dandelions, ehh?
    That's at least half the problem. Hopefully squatting more than 1x per week will help fix that too.

Thanks, good ideas. I'll do the warm up sets before dead lifts and the walkout before my worksets.

And some of this:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FgkYHx3LwM0
    If you're doing the 'Boring but Big' on 5/3/1, I've heard of swapping the BBB DL and squat days, so on your deadlift day you can use the warm up sets mentioned above, deadlift, and then do 5x10 @ 50% to get some volume in and keep the groove greased.

Good deal, MV, it's dead lift day and I think I'll do just what you said.

Good deal, MV, it's dead lift day and I think I'll do just what you said.
    Right on man. Let me know how it goes. I'm running Texas Method right now, but I like the premise of 5/3/1 and have been toying with running it after a while with a few tweaks, such as what was mentioned above as well as either swapping press BBB on bench day and vice versa or combining press and bench day into 1 workout.

starting strength coach development program
    That went well. I did all of my prescribed reps and got a PR on dead lifts. I'm starting to worry about my form on the DL's. Time to take the video camera.

I'm expecting some sweet DOMs today.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast