starting strength gym
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ultimate Junk Food for Weight Gain

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    we need another dumb person from the world in a coffin fast..

Bon appetit my friend, bon appetit.

Why not drink whole milk, eat double cheeseburgers and steak. Dense calories, delicious and high in protein/animal fats. This doesn't mean you can't enjoy junk food. I generally limit my junk intake and eat it only after my workout to replenish glycogen.

There are a lot of ways you can get dense calories.

wtf is a dense calorie?

a clorie is a caorie, the only dense macronutrient is fat as its 9 cals per gram, compare to ;protein and carbs which are 4 cals per gram.

cheeseburgers arent worth it, i ate loads and got fat really quick.

a cheeseburger has roughly 1:1:1 fatrotein:carb ratio in grams, considering that a gram of fat gives more than twice amount of calorires as the other two, it gives you a lot of fat, a lot of which are trans fats which the body cant burn for energy straight away so has to be stored as bodyfat, also has lots of sugary carbs with little fibre..

cheeseburger are a fools way to get nutrition, ive ate may half pounders in the last 2-3 months and i dont think they're worth it.. even gomad is bad, it gives you constipation from the hjigh amount of sugars and little fibre

Quote Originally Posted by LondonTiger View Post
    wtf is a dense calorie?

a clorie is a caorie, the only dense macronutrient is fat as its 9 cals per gram, compare to ;protein and carbs which are 4 cals per gram.

a cheeseburger has roughly 1:1:1 fatrotein:carb ratio in grams, considering that a gram of fat gives more than twice amount of calorires as the other two, it gives you a lot of fat, a lot of which are trans fats which the body cant burn for energy straight away so has to be stored as bodyfat, also has lots of sugary carbs with little fibre..

cheeseburger are a fools way to get nutrition, ive ate may half pounders in the last 2-3 months and i dont think they're worth it.. even gomad is bad, it gives you constipation from the hjigh amount of sugars and little fibre
    Did msingh hack LondonTiger's account? (just a joke )

wtf is a dense calorie?

By dense calories I simply mean foods that contain a lot of calories. These foods are widely available and one does not have to resort simply to junk.

Alcohol is a nice dense macronutrient, 7 KCal / gram

Quote Originally Posted by Tiburon View Post
    Alcohol is a nice dense macronutrient, 7 KCal / gram
    I'm going to start a program called "Bourbon & Barbells", and I will be RICH I TELL YOU, RICH!

Quote Originally Posted by tertius View Post
    I'm going to start a program called "Bourbon & Barbells", and I will be RICH I TELL YOU, RICH!
    Feel the burn!

Default Captain of the Cups

http://articles.elitefts.com/article...n-of-the-cups/

Awesome article by Dave Tate, he'll teach you how to bulk!

starting strength coach development program
    I like this one better.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Tate View Post
    There was a time at the Old Westside gym where I couldn't gain weight to save my f-g life.

There was this dude who trained there who could just put on weight like f-g magic. He'd go from 198 to 308 and then to 275 and back down to 198. And he was never fat. It was amazing.

I finally asked him one day how he did it.

"You mean I never told you the secret to gaining weight? Come outside and I'll fill you in."

Now remember, we're at Westside Barbell. And this guy wants to go outside to talk so no one else can hear. Think about that for a minute. What the hell is he going to tell me? This must be some serious s-t if we have to go outside, I thought.

So we get outside and he starts talking.

"For breakfast you need to eat four of those breakfast sandwiches from McDonalds. I don't care which ones you get, but make sure to get four. Order four hash browns, too. Now grab two packs of mayonnaise and put them on the hash browns and then slip them into the sandwiches. Squish that s-t down and eat. That's your breakfast."

At this point I'm thinking this guy is nuts. But he's completely serious.

"For lunch you're gonna eat Chinese food. Now I don't want you eating that crappy stuff. You wanna get the stuff with MSG. None of that non-MSG BS. I don't care what you eat but you have to sit down and eat for at least 45 minutes straight. You can't let go of the fork. Eat until your eyes swell up and become slits and you start to look like the woman behind the counter."

"For dinner you're gonna order an extra-large pizza with everything on it. Literally everything. If you don't like sardines, don't put 'em on, but anything else that you like you have to load it on there. After you pay the delivery guy, I want you to take the pie to your coffee table, open that f-kr up, and grab a bottle of oil. It can be olive oil, canola oil, whatever. Anything but motor oil. And I want you to pour that s-t over the pie until half of the bottle is gone. Just soak the s-t out of it."

"Now before you lay into it, I want you to sit on your couch and just stare at that f-kr. I want you to understand that that pizza right there is keeping you from your goals."

This guy is in a zen-like state when he's talking about this.

"Now you're on the clock," he continues. "After 20 minutes your brain is going to tell you you're full. Don't listen to that s-t. You have to try and eat as much of the pizza as you can before that 20-minute mark. Double up pieces if you have to. I'm telling you now, you're going to get three or four pieces in and you're gonna want to quit. You f-g can't quit. You have to sit on that couch until every piece is done.

And if you can't finish it, don't you ever come back to me and tell me you can't gain weight. 'Cause I'm gonna tell you that you don't give a f-k about getting bigger and you don't care how much you lift!"

Did I do it? Hell yeah. Started the next day and did it for two months. Went from 260 pounds to 297 pounds. And I didn't get much fatter. One of the hardest things I've ever done in my life, though.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast