starting strength gym

Thread: Perineal Pain

Default Perineal Pain

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Okay, this is a pretty embarrassing subject, but thanks to internet anonymity, I feel I can bring this up. Lately, I've been experiencing a lot of pain in my perineal area. The perineum is the area located between the anus and the testicles (or vagina in women). Lately, when I do a lot of walking, it starts to chafe. I don't know if its aggravated by the heat and humidity or moisture. Yesterday, for example, the family and I went to a large amusement park. I was fine until we spent a couple hours in the water park area. Walking around became hell after that. I copped a John Wayne walk. Usually, this goes away by the next day, but it continues to hurt today. Has anyone else had this problem? Can it be caused by squatting? Its it just another sign of old age? Is there something I can do to prevent flareups? Talcum powder? Vaseline?

Signed,
    Bowlegged

Two words for ya buddy...

Baby Powder.

Maybe I'll ask the wife if she'll be so kind as to powder my diaper area.

Sounds like yeast infection.

Mazda's right.

Once those thighs reach a certain diameter they will begin to rub. I prefer the mentholated comfort of Gold Bond, but any talc based powder will do.

Check for a hernia just in case. But generally soreness in that area is down to friction, something a squatter would be familiar with.

There are a massive number of products for the cyclist market to reduce friction down there. They are referred to a chamois cream or body glide. But I find the appropriate choice of underwear can sort things out. You want something which has a low friction surface, good quality lycra mix boxer briefs work fine for me. Or you could wear full lycra athletic shorts.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by broseph View Post
    I prefer the mentholated comfort of Gold Bond
    My second choice and what i will be buying when I run out of baby powder.