starting strength gym

Thread: Dislocated Right Middle Finger :-(

Default Dislocated Right Middle Finger :-(

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Misjudged a deep fly ball a couple of nights ago playing softball, grazed my glove, and jammed my finger on the free hand. Felt like a regular jam and then I looked down at my hand. I saw that the joint had broken through the skin so I went straight to the ER. They told me 3-6 weeks for recovery, but may take longer to rebuild mobility and strength. I'm pretty sure I could still squat and maybe press, but deadlifts might have to wait. I'm pissed. Sorry, just venting.

Link (warning, a little graphic): Dislocated Finger

Hope to be back soon!

Mine never broke the skin, but my dislocated my right ring finger in a very similar way about 15 years ago. It now has a permanent S-curve.

Can you use straps?

S-curve went back to normal went it popped back in. I haven't tried anything yet as far as straps go, but may try doing that. I'll try resuming when I get the stitches taken out in a couple of days.

Quote Originally Posted by melody View Post
    Can you use straps?
    As an update, I'm 3 weeks removed and could almost make a closed fist. I still need to do rehab exercises, but I could squat and press with pretty much no issue. I used a strap for DL and it went okay, still hurts a little. Thanks for the idea!