starting strength gym
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Fats, Fats, Fats

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    WOW!!! Very interesting! However, flax seed is loaded with vitamins and minerals and fiber. I have a heaping tablespoon once a day for a few days a week. According to the book you quoted even for those who markedly increase chronic consumption the claimed negative effect on DHA is not significant according to most studies. I appreciate the knowledge, and I'll be careful not to overdo the flax, but with the quantities I'm taking I'm confident I'm safe with the DHA, while gaining all the other benefits. I get my share of DHA from tuna and salmon.

From Burdge et al in Conversion of alpha-linolenic acid to longer-chain polyunsaturated fatty acids in human adults. Reproductive Nutrition redevelopment in 2005:[/QUOTE]

Are you a med student?

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Yonason Herschlag View Post
    WOW!!! Very interesting! However, flax seed is loaded with vitamins and minerals and fiber. I have a heaping tablespoon once a day for a few days a week. According to the book you quoted even for those who markedly increase chronic consumption the claimed negative effect on DHA is not significant according to most studies. I appreciate the knowledge, and I'll be careful not to overdo the flax, but with the quantities I'm taking I'm confident I'm safe with the DHA, while gaining all the other benefits. I get my share of DHA from tuna and salmon.
    I agree that the depletion of DHA is unlikely to be a boogeyman. However, I do not think there are many benefits to be had from flaxseed since the source of it's omega 3 fatty acid is not very usable and the lignans tend to prevent absorption of many of the vitamins and minerals it contains. I don't think it's something to avoid, but I don't see a point in supplementing it.

Quote Originally Posted by sergiogodoymd View Post
    From Burdge et al in Conversion of alpha-linolenic acid to longer-chain polyunsaturated fatty acids in human adults. Reproductive Nutrition redevelopment in 2005:
    Yes

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123