starting strength gym

Thread: Meniscus Tear Surgery and Recovery

Default Meniscus Tear Surgery and Recovery

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    I'm to have my meniscus repaired via arthroscopic surgery in a few weeks. Have any of you on the board received a similar surgery? What was the recovery like? Were there any useful exercises to do? How long did it take to gain full use of your knee again? Answers would be appreciated.

Some info in this thread: Medial Meniscus Tear: Surgery or Not???

Is it locking up on you?

No. My knee feels about 90% normal. I can squat, power clean and snatch fine, but football starts in 6 weeks and I need my knee in tip-top shape, so not having surgery is not an option. I may have college money riding on this season, so it's a big deal.

And they're telling you that you'll go from 90% to 100% on a knee that probably doesn't actually need surgery, by getting and fully recovering from that surgery, in 6 weeks, when the surgery is still a few weeks away?

The situations's all shades of fucked, I know. I'd miss a few weeks of football if i got the surgery. Here's the deal: I initially injured the knee, saw a doctor,got an MRI script, injured my knee again, got the MRI, and was told I needed surgery for a Meniscus tear. My knee feels as described now. I'll ask my doctor if the surgery is still necessary and see what he says. Outside of him saying it's unnecessary because I'm feeling pretty good, I'm getting it for irrelevant reasons out of my control.