starting strength gym
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: MyFitnessPal Premium

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott Henderson View Post
    I've been using MFP Free for over a year and just noticed the premium feature. My only question is whether you think it's worth the money, considering it works pretty well just watching the total...
    If it works well for you free then no, it isn't worth paying for it.

If you are cutting or needing to be specific for some reason then yes.

Design wise, MFP is a joke. I wouldn't give those bastards a cent, and I'd never use it without adblock.

-Can't delete a full meal or full day.
    -No unit conversions (g/oz/etc).
    -Need a plugin for something as simple as setting macro goals in g instead of the ridiculous 5% increments.
    -After a certain time in the day, editing a future date keeps bringing you back to the current day. It seems to change around 8pm local time.
    -"Copy from date" only works for past week.
    -There is "quick add calories" but no quick add for individual macros.
    -In the food list you can only chose between "all meals" and the current meal. But you can't easily look at foods from other meals. Overall the food list is a fucking joke.
    -If you edit a future date, use the food list, and change "current meal" to "all meals" or vice versa and add the food, it adds it to the current date instead of the future date!

God, I could go on and on. The only thing that keeps me is inertia and their ok database (even though I still end up adding tons of my own foods because so few foods are listed by weight.)

/rant

starting strength coach development program
    I'm surprised how few votes Fatsecret is receiving. I've used it exclusively after comparing it to MFP. I find the food database to be better, and if you eat pretty much the same things all the time, it stores them under a "recent" and "most eaten" tabs making entry much faster. I tried the livestrong app the other day based on this thread's recommendation and I hated it, the food database is rife with erroneous user-submitted entries.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12