starting strength gym
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Scivation Xtend

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    I had NOW brand BCAAs for a bit. They did not taste good. The disclaimer on the canister that said "pharmaceutical grade" was spiffy though. Best way I found was spoon it into my mouth then slam water.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_M View Post
    Do you mean not to exceed 1g/day caffeine for chronic use or that in general exceeding 1g in a day is inadvisable? I'd say I should really reign in my coffee habits, but I'm about to move to coffee-laden Seattle, so I'll be realistic and presume it's unlikely.

Don't often cross that 1g line, but it's not uncommon to be close and there are those days...
    I mean exactly that, don't go over 1g. We're talking like 8 cups of coffee there.....

Quote Originally Posted by amsgator View Post
    I've been taking ~300mg pre-workout but have found it doesn't kick me in the ass like it used to. I'm thinking about upping it a little but am hesitant to over-do it. I only add it to my BCAAs right before my workout, and not on days off. Do you think I'd be fine to go to 400 or 500mg? It's half of the 1g max you said above, but I am still hesitant to take it up any further :-/
    400-500 is generally considered well within the safe zone.

Quote Originally Posted by Jordan Feigenbaum View Post
    I mean exactly that, don't go over 1g. We're talking like 8 cups of coffee there.....

400-500 is generally considered well within the safe zone.
    Coach I was thinking that it's very easy to mistake caffeine powder for other powders, especially bought in bulk. Like using the whey scoop or shooting for a 10gram scoop of bcaa but grabbing the wrong bag. And it has killed people (I think).

No, none of us would ever do that but some aspiring young bro.....or really early in the morning...

From post #436 in the Supplements thread: "I don't think it matters really until you're into really high doses (900mg+). In fact, the efficacy range for caffeine is 3-9mg/kg if I remember correctly."

Based on this I calculated my caffeine intake range from about 400-1200mg per day. (BW 289). I have regularly taken 600mg prior to WO for the past six months. Combining that with coffee intake (usually around 48oz of coffee per day) puts me well over the 1g limit. Is this going to kill me soon? FWIW, I sleep like a baby, except after heavy/volume day.

Quote Originally Posted by Bcharles123 View Post
    Coach I was thinking that it's very easy to mistake caffeine powder for other powders, especially bought in bulk. Like using the whey scoop or shooting for a 10gram scoop of bcaa but grabbing the wrong bag. And it has killed people (I think).

No, none of us would ever do that but some aspiring young bro.....or really early in the morning...
    Why are people not just using cocaine?

Quote Originally Posted by Str8shutr View Post
    From post #436 in the Supplements thread: "I don't think it matters really until you're into really high doses (900mg+). In fact, the efficacy range for caffeine is 3-9mg/kg if I remember correctly."

Based on this I calculated my caffeine intake range from about 400-1200mg per day. (BW 289). I have regularly taken 600mg prior to WO for the past six months. Combining that with coffee intake (usually around 48oz of coffee per day) puts me well over the 1g limit. Is this going to kill me soon? FWIW, I sleep like a baby, except after heavy/volume day.
    I think you'll be alright given the BW, as this effects the volume of distribution of the "drug" (caffeine). Still, you might play with some coffee holidays to see if you feel better, worse, the same.

I don't really like to do cocaine, but I sure like how it smells!

I think you'll be alright given the BW, as this effects the volume of distribution of the "drug" (caffeine). Still, you might play with some coffee holidays to see if you feel better, worse, the same.
    Coffee holidays? That would be incredible worse. Caffeine withdrawal headaches at this point is inadvisable. Picture Bradley Cooper coming off those limitless pills.

1g caffeine a day. hrm.. Days I take Cannibal Ferrox probably means I shouldn't have 8 cups a day. I think i'm flirting with 800-1200mg on some days.

Quote Originally Posted by Bolson32 View Post
    I don't really like to do cocaine, but I sure like how it smells!
    Ha! That's pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by idlehands View Post
    Coffee holidays? That would be incredible worse. Caffeine withdrawal headaches at this point is inadvisable. Picture Bradley Cooper coming off those limitless pills.

1g caffeine a day. hrm.. Days I take Cannibal Ferrox probably means I shouldn't have 8 cups a day. I think i'm flirting with 800-1200mg on some days.
    I know what you mean. I just don't like to rely on caffeine for all things. Sometimes there are things (training sessions/projects) where an extra kick is the bee's knees and I like caffeine for that. For everyday mundane things, I don't want to waste my "ace in the hole" unless I'm overcoming a big sleep deficit. Just my 0.02

starting strength coach development program

I know what you mean. I just don't like to rely on caffeine for all things. Sometimes there are things (training sessions/projects) where an extra kick is the bee's knees and I like caffeine for that. For everyday mundane things, I don't want to waste my "ace in the hole" unless I'm overcoming a big sleep deficit. Just my 0.02
    This is how I feel, I stopped doing my preworkout stack all together.

On a side note, Paul Erdős a famous mathematician was known for being a regular user of amphetamines and you get gems like this

His colleague Alfréd Rényi said, "a mathematician is a machine for turning coffee into theorems",[15] and Erdős drank copious quantities. (This quotation is often attributed incorrectly to Erdős,[16] but Erdős himself ascribed it to Rényi.[17]) After 1971 he also took amphetamines, despite the concern of his friends, one of whom (Ron Graham) bet him $500 that he could not stop taking the drug for a month.[18] Erdős won the bet, but complained that during his abstinence, mathematics had been set back by a month: "Before, when I looked at a piece of blank paper my mind was filled with ideas. Now all I see is a blank piece of paper." After he won the bet, he promptly resumed his amphetamine use.
    Not that I suggest using amphetamines.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12