starting strength gym
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Crossing into < 19% BF

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by King of the Jews View Post
    when you were 181lb, what was your bodyfat? 10%?
    Right around there likely.

Jordan, I hadn't really heard of FFMI before this, so I looked it up using my own stats. I'm 5'7" 200 lbs and 19.5% BF per Navy method. That gave me an FFMI of just over 25, which the website said was considered to be about the upper limit for natural athletes. This seems off to me that my current lean mass of around 160 lbs is near my upper limit. Can this be right? I don't feel overly muscular but maybe my body fat is just covering my amazing physique?

Quote Originally Posted by mgage View Post
    Jordan, I hadn't really heard of FFMI before this, so I looked it up using my own stats. I'm 5'7" 200 lbs and 19.5% BF per Navy method. That gave me an FFMI of just over 25, which the website said was considered to be about the upper limit for natural athletes. This seems off to me that my current lean mass of around 160 lbs is near my upper limit. Can this be right? I don't feel overly muscular but maybe my body fat is just covering my amazing physique?
    Hey maybe On the other hand, it's likely that the body fat is a bit low per that measurement and your FFMI is lower than 25. That's what I'd put my money on.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordan Feigenbaum View Post
    Hey maybe On the other hand, it's likely that the body fat is a bit low per that measurement and your FFMI is lower than 25. That's what I'd put my money on.
    As an anecdote: The Navy method comes in notoriously low for me. I've had it come out to sub-3% at times when I've been probably 8-10% in reality.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12