starting strength gym

Thread: what to take pst workout? carb powder?

Default what to take pst workout? carb powder?

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Jordan,
    I am new to lifting and have no clue what to take post workout. I take whey obviously but should I be taking carbs, as in maltodextrin/dextrose? my googling has turned up nothing concrete. some say 2:1 carb to protein, and others say that its been proven that carbs do not improve protein synthesis ect. anyways what do you advise? thanks, Josh

Quote Originally Posted by jvynerma View Post
    Jordan,
    I am new to lifting and have no clue what to take post workout. I take whey obviously but should I be taking carbs, as in maltodextrin/dextrose? my googling has turned up nothing concrete. some say 2:1 carb to protein, and others say that its been proven that carbs do not improve protein synthesis ect. anyways what do you advise? thanks, Josh
    What have you read on this forum? And carbohydrates are synergistic with protein for protein synthesis, though amino acids can generate MPS independent of carbohydrates too. As far as those who say it's been "proven", the issue isn't that black and white. All of these issues have been discussed in depth on this subforum, however.

Jordan,
    I cant search this forum, I type in the answers to security question Mark, Texas, Strength and its say that's incorrect? Could you provide me with some links or a simple answer of the top of your head? would be much appreciated. I Am 175lbs.

Jordan,
    I thoroughly searched archives and did not find anything concrete. i would very much appreciate if you could give you two cents on this thread. Is there some general guideline for immediate post strength training nutrition, such as grams of carbs/protein per (X)amount of body weight body weight ect.? thank you, Josh

Jordan,
    I thoroughly searched archives and did not find anything concrete. i would very much appreciate if you could give you two cents on this thread. Is there some general guideline for immediate post strength training nutrition, such as grams of carbs/protein per (X)amount of body weight body weight ect.? thank you, Josh
    Post workout nutrition is probably less important than most people think. I recommend people eat more carbohydrates pre and post workout than they do in other meals,but only by a little (say 30% of their daily carbs pre and post workout, respectively). I also like 30-40g of protein per meal, but the overall numbers are going to depend on what your current macros are. I think that maltodextrin/dextrose and similar are wastes of money for strength athletes.

starting strength coach development program
    I cant search this forum, I type in the answers to security question Mark, Texas, Strength and its say that's incorrect?
    The search function doesn't work well on this site. Try Google instead. Something like the following:

site:startingstrength.com post workout nutrition feigenbaum