starting strength gym
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sleep, Weight Loss, T-Levels, and Gainzzz

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordan Feigenbaum View Post
    Data suggests within the normal range, lower testosterone tend to have greater strength. Ultimately I take this to mean it doesn't matter what the level is so long as it's in the normal range.

Interesting.
    This would show every Test Booster Pill on the market to be worthless! (strength wise I guess)
    Reference/source for this?

Quote Originally Posted by entering40strongerthan20 View Post
    Love it. thx for the advice. I'm 2 years in....with rock solid consistency. So really from this point.....sounds like I just need to keep on trucking. Thx guys.
    me too. Love the username. I picked up the barbell for really the first time April this year, turned 36 in May. I'm finding LP difficult right now (15 or so weeks in), missing reps and still learning how to recover properly so I can adapt. One of my reasons for doing this is because I want to turn 40 knowing I'm in the best shape I've ever been in.

Thanks for the great motivation crookedfinger

Entering,
    Data suggests within the normal range, lower testosterone tend to have greater strength. Ultimately I take this to mean it doesn't matter what the level is so long as it's in the normal range.
    Are you saying that studies suggest having a lower natural testosterone means having a greater strength. What am I missing here? I feel like I am either misreading or taking it out of context.

Quote Originally Posted by OverfedZombie View Post
    Hi Jordan,

I wanted to jump on this thread. I'm male, 37 yrs old, 5'10", 205 lbs, body fat % measured by bodpod to be sub 20% (I know that may not be the best method, just putting it out there that it's not like 40%), lifting for 10 years. I suspected I had low testosterone levels due to several factors: extremely low sperm count 10 years ago when my wife and I were trying for our first kid (2nd and 3rd kid came about with no problem),
    This is not really associated with low testosterone reliably unless there is something else going on.

extremely long refractory period,
    Not really associated with testosterone at all, rather prolactin and a bunch of poorly understood mechanisms.

undescended testicle as a child (two surgeries to fix),
    Not related to low testosterone and actually may have higher testosterone levels, though unclear as to if that means anything.

gynecomastia,
    Possibly due to low testosterone, but only if associated with other endocrine issues.

depression,
    Possible side effect of low testosterone, but obviously have to rule out other things first.

So I had my levels checked four years ago, and it came back as 588. Doctor said everything is fine.
    Your doctor is correct.

I had my testosterone level checked again. Came back as 430, so still in the normal range. So I'm doing something wrong, and I want to blame it on low testosterone. But hearing you say getting it higher in the normal range probably isn't the solution is a bummer.
    Your testosterone levels are fine, but there is something wrong with the diet. Perhaps the other 2 days or the accuracy of the diet taken in those 5 days?

Quote Originally Posted by MBasic View Post
    Interesting.
    This would show every Test Booster Pill on the market to be worthless! (strength wise I guess)
    Reference/source for this?
    Well, all testosterone boosting pills are bullshit so, yes.

Quote Originally Posted by timelinex View Post
    Are you saying that studies suggest having a lower natural testosterone means having a greater strength. What am I missing here? I feel like I am either misreading or taking it out of context.
    I'm saying that within the normal range, changes in testosterone level do not influence performance for males.

I'm saying that within the normal range, changes in testosterone level do not influence performance for males.
    I am by no means trying to dispute that, it's just I've never never read about this fact. Does this also mean that to gain a competitive edge or a noticeable advantage from steroid use, one must apply doses high enough to exceed the 1100 mark by a vast amount (assuming that he was within the lower normal range previously)? And is the 'normal range' really within those usual reference numbers (250-1100)?
    Also, I've heard Rip say that the 'cutoff' for doing Texas Method is 750 ng/dL. Was he just joking then?

Thanks for answering.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Tadeass View Post
    I am by no means trying to dispute that, it's just I've never never read about this fact. Does this also mean that to gain a competitive edge or a noticeable advantage from steroid use, one must apply doses high enough to exceed the 1100 mark by a vast amount (assuming that he was within the lower normal range previously)?
    By some amount, yes, and the amount of improvement seen from going 750-1200 is probably zero.

And is the 'normal range' really within those usual reference numbers (250-1100)?
    Depends on the lab, but in general- yes.

Also, I've heard Rip say that the 'cutoff' for doing Texas Method is 750 ng/dL. Was he just joking then?
    I'm not sure, but the Texas Method always sucks regardless of how much testosterone someone is on or has.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12