starting strength gym

Thread: Knee Pain

Default Knee Pain

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    My knee is crapping out on me.

I have pain at the front of the knee to what seems like the inside of the patella tendon. The bottom of the squat is near impossible to handle (feels like I am causing more damage) if I have any degree of forward knee/ankle flexion - further forward, the worse. Swelling is minor - more like water on the knee. If I sit with feet on the floor and bent knees, and fire my squad/drive my heel through the ground the pain intensifies. Going up and down stairs is a bitch.

I dropped the weight and have tried to find a form that will allow me to execute a squat without what feels like causing more damage - without success thus far.

Pretty sure this happen with some knee collapse on a heavy squat set or least that's where it presented in current form/level of concern.

Not sure what to do at this point. Any thoughts are appreciated.

On a side note - I am beginning to wonder what percentage of people trying this ever get to a reasonable good/safe squat form. Been trying to figure it out for years and never seem to get to something that is repeatable for the long term.

Where do you live? Are you near a coach?
    Can you post a video form check?

I am linking this because it might be a situation similar to yours.

https://startingstrength.com/resourc...earing-lp.html