starting strength gym

Thread: Stress vs eating

Default Stress vs eating

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Jordan,

First off all let me show my gratitude for the info you and others around here put out. Truly amazing and sure as hell makes us foot soldiers better equipped against the BS tbats flying around.

To my question, ive posted about it before, but i have stomach/digestive problems on and off. Always thought it whas a physical problem but....

Been seeing a "coach" for some time. Trouble with coping and stress in general, the milennial problem apparently. Just last week went on vacation and all the sudden appeitie was fine. Gained 2kg in a week.

Second I got home reality hits you again and appetite gone again, nauseus at times, no interest in eating etc etc. Suspecting my problems are more psychological than physical in the end.

Bottom line, this sucks. Apart from fixing coping styles and stress responses etc etc you think theres anything else I could do? Within this situation I just cant get kcals in. It just wont happen

I think if you have untreated anxiety or other psychiatric issue and are not taking ameliorate that then it's going to be very difficult to realize your full potential, even harder to really help from this side of the world.

Hang in there, man. Thank you for your kind words as well.

One thing that helped me when I was dealing with stress/anxiety was weight gainer shakes. The thought of food made me sick and as soon as it touched my tongue I wanted to throw up. The shakes weren't very tasty either and could also be a struggle to get down, but overall I could get down the calories I needed from the shakes.

That's obviously not a long term solution. The anxiety and it's source need to be dealt with and we don't want a lot of our cals to be coming from weight gain shakes. Good luck to you man.

Quote Originally Posted by Jordan Feigenbaum View Post
    I think if you have untreated anxiety or other psychiatric issue and are not taking ameliorate that then it's going to be very difficult to realize your full potential, even harder to really help from this side of the world.

Hang in there, man. Thank you for your kind words as well.
    Roger that. Nothing clinical atm, but enough to derail most but work and social life. Shit happens, we’ll get back on track eventually. I guess I just wanted to ask.

Thnxx

Dlk93; thanx man, ill look into that. Hope you good now.