starting strength gym

Thread: Weight gain strategy (counting macros or not?)

Default Weight gain strategy (counting macros or not?)

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Hi Jordan, first thanks for the content you put up + your time here and in your website/youtube channel. I'm learning a lot.

My question:

- I'm (hopefully this time) finishing up my LP, Squat 280 3x5 and have room for more, M 31 y/o 5'10 177 lbs, weight going up slowly following TBAB.

- Tracked macros religiously for 60 days, works wonders, but when life stress became high I realized that that was an extra stressor for me.

- Given I want to be strong(er) I realize I need to gain weight,

My question:

Is "intuitive eating" (eyeballing + daily weighing) a viable long term strategy to reach 200 lbs or is this an exercise in futility and I should suck it up and count my macros until I reach 190-200?

My question arised because on the BBMedicine podcast you and Austin said that you don't track your macros, or don't track them most days, so I was wondering the viability of that strategy.

Thank you.

Is "intuitive eating" (eyeballing + daily weighing) a viable long term strategy to reach 200 lbs or is this an exercise in futility and I should suck it up and count my macros until I reach 190-200?
    It only is viable when it works, which it has not for you based on your recent history.

My question arised because on the BBMedicine podcast you and Austin said that you don't track your macros, or don't track them most days, so I was wondering the viability of that strategy.
    I track them roughly half of the days of the week and have been doing this for ~6 years now so...a bit of a different circumstance you know?

OK, thanks, I understand, do what works to achieve your goals.