starting strength gym

Thread: To much fluid?

Default To much fluid?

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Started gomad a couple of days ago. On a normal day I drink around a gallon and a half of water. Now that I added in the milk should I cut down on the water? Are there any negative effects to drinking to much fluid?

I wouldn't drink that much. That sounds like drowning. There tends not to be any major risk but you might end up hyponatremic with 2.5 gallons of fluid going in daily. That means you have thrown off electrolyte balance. You shouldn't really be forcing yourself to drink additional water. Drink water if you're thirsty, but other than that don't worry about.

Makes sense, I've always been very sensitive to getting dehydrated. Like if I don't drink for more than a couple hours I lose all appetite and start feeling kinda sick. So my question is if I am just drinking while thirsty and end up drinking the full 2.5 gallons of fluid does that still have the potential to throw off electrolyte balance even though I'm just drinking when thirsty? I do sweat a lot if that has anything to do with it. After school I work at a grocery store and unload freight and normally end up sweating + sweating from lifting

Liberally salt your food. Check back if you experience any physical symptoms (nausea, headache, fatigue, shakiness, etc etc etc)

Quote Originally Posted by Dalton Clark View Post
    Liberally salt your food. Check back if you experience any physical symptoms (nausea, headache, fatigue, shakiness, etc etc etc)
    This^

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Samuel_quinn View Post
    Makes sense, I've always been very sensitive to getting dehydrated. Like if I don't drink for more than a couple hours I lose all appetite and start feeling kinda sick. So my question is if I am just drinking while thirsty and end up drinking the full 2.5 gallons of fluid does that still have the potential to throw off electrolyte balance even though I'm just drinking when thirsty? I do sweat a lot if that has anything to do with it. After school I work at a grocery store and unload freight and normally end up sweating + sweating from lifting
    Last guy I knew who drank like that had diabetes.