starting strength gym

Thread: Initial macros and meal planning

Default Initial macros and meal planning

• starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    Hello Mr Santana!

Big fan of your work here. I was wondering if you could lend me a hand fixing my initial macros.

Data:
    Male, 35 years old
    100 kg body weight
    Waist: 104 cm
    Doing Novice LP, phase 2 for 3 weeks (started again due to a long, unavoidable absence from the gym)
    Lifts: Squat 87,5 kilos with 2,5 kilos jump; Deadlift 112,5 kilos with 5 kilos jump; Bench 57,5 kilos with 2,5 kilos jump, Overhead press 39 kilos with 1 kilo jump, Power Cleans 52,5 kilos with 2,5 kilos jump.

I could also appreciate some help with how to distribute my macros during the day. I typically eat breakfast at 9.00, go to gymn at 10:30, eat lunch at 13:30, eat something at mid afternoon 17:30 and have dinner at 21:30.

Thanks a lot in advance!

Quote Originally Posted by Antonio de Blas View Post
    Hello Mr Santana!

Big fan of your work here. I was wondering if you could lend me a hand fixing my initial macros.

Data:
    Male, 35 years old
    100 kg body weight
    Waist: 104 cm
    Doing Novice LP, phase 2 for 3 weeks (started again due to a long, unavoidable absence from the gym)
    Lifts: Squat 87,5 kilos with 2,5 kilos jump; Deadlift 112,5 kilos with 5 kilos jump; Bench 57,5 kilos with 2,5 kilos jump, Overhead press 39 kilos with 1 kilo jump, Power Cleans 52,5 kilos with 2,5 kilos jump.

I could also appreciate some help with how to distribute my macros during the day. I typically eat breakfast at 9.00, go to gymn at 10:30, eat lunch at 13:30, eat something at mid afternoon 17:30 and have dinner at 21:30.

Thanks a lot in advance!
    Thanks for posting buddy. I think your bench jumps are too large and should be 1.1 kg. As far as macros go, I can’t really say what you need or don’t need without working with you closely. I’d say eat your body weight in protein, keep your fat under 100 g, and shoot for ~300 g carb and you should be okay.

Quote Originally Posted by Antonio de Blas View Post

Thanks a lot in advance!
    There is some great info in this podcast

#89 - Eating for Strength: A Day in the Diet of Matt and Scott