starting strength gym
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Protein Powder Recs

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by awlifts View Post
    It contains phytoestrogens.
    Lecithin is not a protein or a phytoestrogen. Phytoestrogens, aka isoflavones, are not proteins. Therefore any product containing soy lecithin won’t have isoflavones/phytoestrogens. A soy protein powder wouldn’t necessarily have them either, but it’s possible some trace amounts would slip through in processing.

To get phytoestrogens from soy, you basically have to eat whole soy products: tofu, etc.

So don’t worry about the soy lecithin in your whey powder.

By the way, there’s also no evidence that eating soy with phytoestrogens will drop your T, if that’s what you’re worried about.

Clinical studies show no effects of soy protein or isoflavones on reproductive hormones in men: results of a meta-analysis. - PubMed - NCBI

I've always been partial to optimum Isolate for my whey protein and Body Tech (the Vitamin Shoppe Brand) for my casein. Both taste pretty good and don't clump. I go with chocolate on both.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle Martin View Post
    Hi there!

I find myself in the delicate position where my preferred protein powder has been discontinued so I was hoping some of you could give me suggestions for powders you're using to help me past the loss of EAS. In general here's some things I look for.

-Chocolate that dissolves nicely in just water with a shaker bottle
    -Not super sickly sweet or syrupy.
    -Preferably 30g or more of protein or if lower then watery enough that I can double the dose.
    -Not crazy expensive.

Thanks for any advice!
    Myprotein powders. They are high quality powders and they seem cheap, because they are storing the protein in nylon bags instead of big plastic boxes(they are doing low cost production so they sell at much more cheaper prise).

Forgot to add, Myprotein white chocolate is my favorite one so far. It is not so sweet and it has a little bit a taste of vanilla.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by jfsully View Post
    Lecithin is not a protein or a phytoestrogen. Phytoestrogens, aka isoflavones, are not proteins. Therefore any product containing soy lecithin won’t have isoflavones/phytoestrogens. A soy protein powder wouldn’t necessarily have them either, but it’s possible some trace amounts would slip through in processing.

To get phytoestrogens from soy, you basically have to eat whole soy products: tofu, etc.

So don’t worry about the soy lecithin in your whey powder.

By the way, there’s also no evidence that eating soy with phytoestrogens will drop your T, if that’s what you’re worried about.

Clinical studies show no effects of soy protein or isoflavones on reproductive hormones in men: results of a meta-analysis. - PubMed - NCBI
    Good stuff. Thanks. I bought NutraBio protein (which claimed to be soy free) but it’s a bit $$.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123