starting strength gym
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Protein Powder Recs

Default Protein Powder Recs

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Hi there!

I find myself in the delicate position where my preferred protein powder has been discontinued so I was hoping some of you could give me suggestions for powders you're using to help me past the loss of EAS. In general here's some things I look for.

-Chocolate that dissolves nicely in just water with a shaker bottle
    -Not super sickly sweet or syrupy.
    -Preferably 30g or more of protein or if lower then watery enough that I can double the dose.
    -Not crazy expensive.

Thanks for any advice!

I like the MyProtein stuff. I leaned on it pretty hard last year when I had to limit my fat intake (medical issue) and kept making nice gains even though that was about the only protein I was getting.

It also has good ratings with that labdoor place.

Thanks, I'll check out MyProtein.

+1 for MyProtein, they always have 20-50% discounts on their powders every week for bulk buying.

I always buy the banana cream myself as perhaps like you I also don't like sickly sweet versions.

I like MyProtein, but it doesn’t mix super well. If you can get past that, it’s a quality product.

I find it mixes just fine, especially if you can let it sit for a while after shaking it up. I put three scoops of the vanilla isolate in a shaker bottle full of milk every morning and it's perfectly dissolved as I drink it throughout the day. If you're more of a mix it up and chug it on the spot kind of person your experience may be different. I'm hooked on the 11 lbs bags. Definitely the best bang for the buck I've come across.

Chocolate Smooth from Myprotein is the only protein powder I've been able to drink day in and day out without it becoming unpleasant. Tastes almost exactly like Swiss Miss hot cocoa mix IMO. I've tried a number of their other flavors (as well as other brands'), and while most of them are good I typically get sick of them in a week or two.

Quote Originally Posted by Dillon Spencer View Post
    I find it mixes just fine, especially if you can let it sit for a while after shaking it up. I put three scoops of the vanilla isolate in a shaker bottle full of milk every morning and it's perfectly dissolved as I drink it throughout the day. If you're more of a mix it up and chug it on the spot kind of person your experience may be different. I'm hooked on the 11 lbs bags. Definitely the best bang for the buck I've come across.
    Maybe because I’ve been using the concentrate? I used to use Optimum, and I found that mixed better. I agree it’s a fantastic value.

The ON gold standard my wife gets at Costco really mixes nice and that’s probably my second choice. I don’t think it takes much effort at all to get the 2 scoops of the MP mixed though.

As mentioned above, make sure you get it on sale. They have sales about every other day. They also have little sample packets for $1-2 if you want to try out the flavors.

starting strength coach development program
    Thanks for the great recommendations everyone! I ordered some of the MyProtein yesterday.

Happy gains to you all

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast