starting strength gym
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Sore red spot on elbow

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Cavallari View Post
    Shit, if I had a cyst that size on my elbow, I'd INSIST it be drained, benign or not. You are weird, mister.
    Be that as it may, the two reasons I didn't have it drained are, first, that I literally don't notice it unless I think about it and, second, my doctor did not offer to drain it in his office, instead referring me to a surgeon's office, where it would be done right in the office. Not being familiar with cysts, I don't know if my doctor's referral is typical or not. Is this a typical thing done in a family practitioner's office?

I have a cyst in my forearm that presents itself when my wrist is in flexion. It came around when I started lifting. No big deal.

Could also be a lipoma, which is a benign tumor. It feels like a hard lump. It would take a surgeon or dermatologist to remove it. I have one on my elbow. They're easy for a layman to mistake for a cyst, but maybe the difference is obvious to a doctor?

Quote Originally Posted by RJPinAZ View Post
    Be that as it may, the two reasons I didn't have it drained are, first, that I literally don't notice it unless I think about it and, second, my doctor did not offer to drain it in his office, instead referring me to a surgeon's office, where it would be done right in the office. Not being familiar with cysts, I don't know if my doctor's referral is typical or not. Is this a typical thing done in a family practitioner's office?

OP here. Lump is pretty much gone now. Only thing I did was ignore it.

starting strength coach development program
    Thanks for letting us know buddy. Come visit soon, it's been forever and a half. How are you two doing these days?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123